PACT|THIRTY EIGHT

♊️

"GEMINI; DONT LIKE LIARS, ONCE THEY KNOW YOU'RE ONE, THEY WONT BELIEVE A THING YOU SAY!"

"emily?" johnny gasped.

emily cleared her throat, "i was just dropping off allison." emily said, pointing to her daughter.

"daddy!" allison leaped into his arms.

"hi baby." allison ran inside to join her siblings. jumping next to ivana and mackenzie handed her a box of goobers. "what's up? i thought she's coming tomorrow."

"she is, but um, "emily choked up, "thirty minutes ago i got a call from my brother and," tears fell from her eyes, "my mom is dead."

johnny's face immediately saddened and embraced emily, who was crying into his shirt. "im so sorry. she was amazing."

"i know." emily pulled away, "i should get going on the road to los angeles."

"why not get a ticket? it's faster." johnny asked.

"i have no money for that, especially for this last minute." emily explained.

"you can use my jet." annie said. johnny and emily looked at her, "what? i was just passing by and my ears began to work." annie laughed, "hey, i'll take you. i can set it up ok our way there."

"really? thank you." annie smiled back at emily, then grabbed her coat and her keys. "let's go."

"hey, hey, you ok?" johnny asked, walking into ivana's room and seeing allison still up and crying. "what happened?" he asked as she sat up, wiping her tears.

"im scared." she cried.

johnny's heart broke, "is it about your grandma?"

allison nodded, "why did she die?" allison cried.

"oh baby," johnny picked her up as she dug her face in the small of his neck, "let's go to my room so ivana doesn't wake up."

allison nodded as johnny walked out to the room as he carried her. mackenzie sat up when she saw johnny come in with allison. "hi ally baby," mackenzie said as johnny put allison on the bed.

"my grandma is dead." allison cried to mackenzie.

"i know baby, i know." mackenzie said, hugging allison.

"where'd she go?" allison asked her dad and mackenzie.

mackenzie bent to allison's height, "when i was five my grandma passed away." allison looked up at kenzie.

"where'd she go? is she with my grandma?" allison asked.

kenzie's heart ached, "yes." kenzie nodded, "god has a plan. and even if we don't like it we have to remember that there's a plan for everything. god needed another angel up in heaven and he chose your grandma because of how good of a cristian she was, right?"

allison nodded, "she smokes pot." kenzie and johnny almost burst out laughing, but covered it up with a hidden smile and cough, "mommy said she was a, um, i think mommy said drug addict. doesn't that mean she's in hell?"

"sure." kenzie said, trying to hold in her laughs.

"ok, i won't do what grandma did so i don't go to hell." allison said, then leaped off the tall bed, "night." she skipped back to her bed.

johnny and kenzie burst out laughing once the door closed, "you were really great with her."

"really? i just told allison her grandma is in hell." kenzie laughed.

"better than what i would've done." he swooped his arm around her waist, going so close the tip of their noses touched. "i love you."

kenzie was shook, "wow." she gasped.

"um, and do you?" johnny asked.

"wow." kenzie looked at her feet, "um i think we should-" johnny's face fell. she looked up at him, smiling, "i love you too dork." johnny sighed in relief as kenzie jumped in his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him.

"maybe, we should do what we've been holding off on doing?" johnny suggested.

"nope." kenzie got out of his arms and hopped back into the bed, "gotta take me on a date first." johnny groaned, falling back on the bed.

"fine." he said, going on his side and facing her, "but i get to choose where."

"fine."

"this saturday, 7 pm, meet me at the front door." johnny said.

"mmm, i love when you order me around." kenzie hummed, leaning in.

"really, huh." kenzie nodded in reply just as their lips met.