PACT|TWENTY NINE

♏️

"SCORPIO; PLAYING WITH THEIR EMOTIONS IS A GATEWAY TO HELL!"

mackenzie zipped up her dress, bending down to put on her shoes. "leaving so early?" hayden asked, waking up.

"i have to catch my flight back home." mackenzie said, then turned to him as she put her hair in a ponytail. it's been 1 month since hayden had to move and every other weekend she flights out and they spend a weekend together. the other weekends hayden flys out for the kids. "i have to go. bye baby, love you." they kissed, then kenzie took her carry on and went to the airport.

"mommy! you're home!" the twins ran to her, hugging her legs.

"hi my loves." she kissed their foreheads, then stood back up. "hi maddie, how were they?"

"annie took them mostly." maddie said, "i don't like kids."

"they were great." annie butt in, "i just made eggplant parm. want some?"

"yes, please." mackenzie said, then annie handed her some in a plate.

"so? did you find out yet?" maddie asked mackenzie, once the kids left the room.

"got an appointment next week. i really hope i'm pregnant." mackenzie said, then took a bite of the parm.

"now what about the kids and johnny?" annie asked.

"have they asked?" annie nodded, "i know. but i'm gonna call them tomorrow and set up a dinner. with only me and him. gotta set boundaries."

mackenzie put on a jumpsuit, zipping it up. "where you going mommy?" ivana asked, sitting down on mackenzie's bed.

"dinner." mackenzie replied.

"is it with my daddy? my bio-thingy daddy?" ivana asked.

mackenzie turned, and faced her, "yes, but we're just gonna talk and maybe you can come with me next time. ok?"

"ok mommy." ivana sorta understood. "have fun."

mackenzie grabbed her bag, and then went out, saying bye to jordan. once she got there, she saw johnny waiting at a table. "hey." he said, mackenzie noticing he was a bit eager.

"hi." mackenzie say down across from him.

"hi i'll be your server for tonight. would you like a refreshment to start you off?" the girl asked.

"i'll have a wine." johnny ordered.

"just a water for me, thanks." mackenzie ordered.

"come on, get some wine. it'll loosen you up a bit." johnny suggested.

"no, i'm fine." the server left, getting their drinks.

"let's start." mackenzie said, putting down her phone and looking at johnny straight in the eye. "baby steps, not jumps." mackenzie said first, "i will be with you and the twins every time you guys are together. until i think i can leave you with them-"

"they're my kids. you do know i raised allison-"

"you and emily." mackenzie corrected, "speaking of, emily will have absolutely no say in any parenting for the twins. she can not punish them, cannot have a day in any decisions, and cannot be left alone with them."

"why are you being so strict?"

mackenzie rolled her eyes, "they're my kids." she argued back, "now, for allison." mackenzie started, "you must treat all of them equally. you cannot just take one side immediately."

"of course i will-"

"not finished." mackenzie interrupted, "now, when i do grant you permission to see the twins alone, no sleepovers until me, hayden, and the twins are 100% sure. if it's 99% than no."

"what's next? how often we change the fire alarm battery?"

"actually, that was more towards the end but, change it regularly, same with the carbon monoxide detectors." the server came back with their drinks, feeling the tension.

"now for your orders?" she asked.

"i'll have a salmon with presto and broccoli." johnny ordered.

"and a steak with chicken side salad and potatoes." mackenzie ordered, then handed her the menus as she walked away.

"ok, can i at least talk?" johnny asked, mackenzie nodded. "the twins are my kids too. i wish you could just trust me, for once."

mackenzie was silent for a few seconds, then looked down at her arm. a small scar there. barley noticeable. "you wanna know the reason i can't trust you?" johnny nodded, desperately, "you cheated on your own girlfriend with me. this small little scratch was from your necklace she gave you. if you can't even be loyal to your own girlfriend, how can i trust you with my kids? yes it's different but-"

"i get it." johnny interrupted, crossing his arms and leaning against the table, "but these are my kids. that night was, great. and i was a horny teen who didn't make great choices. i mean i got two girls pregnant, a month apart. but i'm different now. and i don't get a lot of time to spend with my family, so i want to cherish every moment i can."

silence filled their table, "next monday, you can come over and talk and play with the twins. two hours."

"it's a date." johnny laughed.

"play date." mackenzie corrected him. then their food came. they both took a bite at the same time, and spit it out.

"yeah, we got a new chef." their server said, disgusted, "bye."

"how about we go to my apartment? i can make some pasta." johnny suggested.

"wait i thought you lived in a house with emily." mackenzie recalled.

johnny looked at the floor, "she's divorcing me."

"oh god, i'm sorry." mackenzie sarcasm made him laugh. "why though?"

"i'll tell you once we get to my apartment."

sooo sorry i forgot to update! i wrote this chapter long ago but forgot i didn't update in 3 days! here you go!!!