PACT|THIRTY TWO

♌️

"LEO; THÉ SMALL THINGS YOU THINK THEY MISSED, ARE USUALLY THE THINGS THEY REMEMBER MOST!"

mackenzie zipped up the princess lunch bag sighing loudly as she saw hayden sneak down the stairs. "you don't have to keep doing this hay-"

"i'm not living here mackenzie. i love the kids, i love you, but we can't keep doing this." hayden explained, "it's not just about the kiss— maybe it's is but," he sighed, "i don't think you love me anymore."

"what? hayden that's ridiculous-" mackenzie tried to tell him, "i love you. you're the dad to my kids. maybe not biologically to the twins but-"

"you can't just love me because i'm their dad kenz. do you love me?" mackenzie thought for a minute, "see, i could've answered that right away. but you had to think about it." hayden pulled the suitcase handle, about to leave.

"no hayden!" she grabbed his arm, "i love you."

"no, you don't. not anymore." hayden pulled away, "i'll be back in time for breakfast tomorrow." he opened the door, and left.

mackenzie broke down, going to her knees and crying. they were officially done. and it killed her. "mommy? you ok?" ivana asked, coming down the stairs.

"yeah, yeah." mackenzie got up, wiping away her tears.

"where's daddy?" ivana asked looking around.

"um," she thought, "he went to go grab something from grandma mel's house." ivana just looked at her, "ok let's get you back to bed."

mackenzie put ivana back to bed, and went to her room. she tiredly went to the bathroom, turning on the faucet and letting the hot water fill the tub. she stripped down, then combed her hair and slid into the bathtub. she sprinkled in some bath salt and bubble soap, then lit a candle and relaxed.

"ok, for the bake sale," samantha started to talk as kenzie sat in the chairs rubbing her stomach. "mackenzie?" she called up.

"oh yeah." samantha went over and helped her up, "this time it'll be like every other time. no nuts, dairy, gluten, and or sugar." mackenzie explained, "if you need help with any recipes, email me or samantha, thank you." mackenzie wasn't very excited. you could hear it in her voice.

"hey mackenzie, you ok?" samantha asked, pulling her aside as everyone started to leave the pta meeting. "you look a bit sad."

"just, me and hayden officially broke up." mackenzie told her.

"oh my, i'm so sorry. wanna y'all about it?" samantha asked.

"no, honestly i did too much crying last night and just want o get over it." samantha nodded, watching mackenzie turn and leave.

mackenzie went back home where annie was feeding the kids their dinner. annies bump was extremely large, only 3 weeks until her due date. "hey mommy!" the twins cheered. it's been 1 week since hayden moved out. the twins found out and weren't happy but knew this could've happened. they were somehow much more understanding than most adults would be. it was a hard adjustment but they somewhat understood.

hayden got a condo across town and they go there every weekend and some week days. mackenzie sawbhayden come out form the downstairs bathroom, "hey."

"hey." kenzie replied, taking off her shoes and coat. "what's for dinner?"

"daddy made mac and cheese mommy!" jordan said, then took a bite.

"yummy, maybe tomorrow you guys can help me with the bake sale treats?" mackenzie suggested, as hayden scooped some mac and cheese for her.

"but daddy is taking us to the zoo." ivana pouted.

"oh, ok. maybe sunday after church?" mackenzie suggested.

"aren't we going with johnny and allison to the movies?" jordan wondered.

mackenzie sighed, "you guys can help me next time then." she kissed their foreheads.

"it's ok mackenzie, i can take them to the zoo another time-"

"no, it's fine." mackenzie said, then took a bite of the mac and cheese. "mmm, baby was hungry today." she giggled.

"can we name the baby? maybe rainbow?" ivana suggested.

hayden and mackenzie laughed, "maybe." mackenzie smiled, "well think of something." mackenzie turned to annie who was washing the dishes. "how bout you annie?"

"i still am thinking honestly. i just, have been busy with a new house-"

"you can stay anns-"

"thank you. actually i'm thinking a lot more about the house and i have decided to move to los angeles again." annie explained, "my mom, my sister, theyre there and i'll be moving back in a few weeks."

"wow, really! you found a house?" mackenzie asked.

"it's just a penthouse, but i've had construction done for the past 2 months and it's almost done." annie explained, "i'm gonna go take a shower."

"ok." mackenzie replied, then finished up her dinner. by the time she was done, the twins were upstairs getting candy land.

"daddy! you coming?" jordan asked, rubbing down with his sister as they carried candy land down.

"yes!" he caught up with them, as mackenzie was putting her dishes in the sink. "you better not cheat this time ivana, unlike twister."

"hey! you're too big!" ivana pouted, "i had to bite you or else you would win."

mackenzie watched as they set it up candy land. happy, just like before.