PACT|TWENTY FOUR

🩳

"EAT SPAGHETTI, FOR FORGETTI, YOUR REGRETTI!"

mackenzie gripped the whisk tightly as she beat the whipped cream. emily and allison went home to freshen up before dinner. hayden came in, seeing mackenzie was tense. "how was the picnic?" hayden asked, standing behind mackenzie as he massages her shoulders. "what happened?"

mackenzie sighed, "our daughter is besties with allison." mackenzie sighed, putting down the whisk. "they're coming for dinner."

"great."

"great?" mackenzie mocked, "how is it great?"

"it's great because we gotta get used to it. we don't want ivana to be confused of why we don't like emily or johnny." mackenzie nodded, then looked at hayden and smiled, turning around to face him.

"i love you." mackenzie leaned in, until the door bell rang.

"they're here! they're here!" ivana yelled, rubbing down the stairs.

"careful!" mackenzie scolded, then took off her apron, revealing her dress. it was tight, navy blue, and reached mid thigh. it had a semi-plunging neckline, and enhanced her curves. she went to the door, unlocking it then opening it. "hi." she saw johnny was with them.

"sorry we're late. we had to pick up someone from the airport." emily apologized.

"it's perfectly fine. hayden just got home too." she didn't see it but johnny clench his fists, till his knuckles were white. "come in. dinner's almost ready." mackenzie opened the door wider, allowing them to slip in.

"alliii!" ivana screamed, as her and allison ran to each other and hugged. "come here! i wanna show you my new play house my daddy built for me!"

"be careful!" mackenzie yelled, as the kids ran towards the backyard. "jordan baby!" mackenzie called, then jordan came out of his room, holding a book. "can you go help daddy with the table?" mackenzie asked, and he nodded, handing mackenzie the book. "ok, here's the thing." mackenzie completely changed her attitude once all the kids were out of site. "i'm only nice when my kids or your kid is around."

"what?"

"here's the deal." mackenzie said, then looked over at her fiancé and her son setting up the table. "i love my life and love my kids. and that means i have to deal with you two as well." mackenzie turned back to them. "but there are rules. one, they're mine and hayden's children. and two, no word of if we met beforehand." she explained, then put on a smile, "girls! dinner!"

"yummy! this is so good ms. mackenzie!" allison complimented, then took another bite into the lasagna.

"thank you. ivana helped me make the pasta." mackenzie said, ivana smiling. "don't get too full kids, i have dessert too."

mackenzie got up, heading to the kitchen. "let me help you." johnny said, getting up and placing his napkin down.

he followed mackenzie into the kitchen, "can you get the ice cream in the freezer please." mackenzie asked, avoiding eye contact.

johnny nodded, taking out the tub of homemade ice cream. "here." he handed it to her. she was about to grab it when he placed his hand on hers. "those are my kids."

mackenzie scoffed, "biologically, yes. legally, no." mackenzie grabbed them tub of ice cream and started scooping, "they're mine and hayden's kids."

"he's not their father, i am." johnny responded.

"no, you're not." mackenzie stated, "hayden adopted them. raised them. you're the sperm donor as i like to call you."

"to who?" johnny wondered.

"my friends, mommy and me, the twins-"

"so they don't know who i am?" johnny asked.

"well, they know you exist. but their father is hayden." mackenzie said, then took all the bowls of ice cream and brought them to the kitchen, johnny carrying the homemade whipped cream and toppings.