PACT|TWENTY SIX

🌼

"WHY BE RACIST, SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC, OR TRANSPHOBIC WHEN YOU COULD JUST BE QUIET?"

"wait, so you are married to a millionaire, have a stepdaughter, and run a magazine company? wow." kenzie gasped.

"yeah. and you and hayden are engaged, lost a baby, now emily and john are back in your life and their daughter is bestfriends with yours?" annie gasped as well.

"damn, your guys' lives are crazy." ella commented, then took a sip of her tea, "it's like a wattpad fiction by someone who thinks they're a good writer."

"what?" annie asked, confused, "anyway, the twins don't know about johnny?"

"no, i'm scared." kenzie admitted.

"can i say something?" ella asked, and kenzie nodded, "when i found out my mom left me and didn't die, i was mad. i fed my anger to my dad who was just trying to protect me. then i was sad that my own mother left me. you should tell your kids. tell them the truth and all of the truth. the longer you wait, the more frustrated and mad they'd get when they find out."

"thanks, that's actually helpful." mackenzie said, "they'll be very mad."

"maybe, but they'll get over it. i did after a few months. but they're little kids. they'll be fine." ella explained, "can we go to the mall later?"

"how about we go now? i have a graduation party to go to." kenzie said. "annie, can i tell you something?" annie nodded. "hayden and i, well last night we, we-"

"i'm 13, not 8. you can say it." ella said.

"had sex."

"why do you say that like it's. a bad thing? is he bad?"

"no, it's not that. afterwards, he went to shower and i saw he got a text."

"shit, he's cheating?" annie yelled.

"no, no!" kenzie exclaimed, "it was his mom."

annie was confused, "what's so bad?"

"when i saw he got a text. i don't know what happened, my mind went to loosing him. i don't know why annie!" kenzie explained.

"maybe it has to do with the recent tramas?" annie took a sour gummy bear from her purse and ate it.

"annie?" kenzies eyes widened, "woah."

"what?" annie ate more.

"ella? has she been eating sour gummy bears a lot?" kenzie asked.

"she goes through two bags a day. why?" kenzie looked at annie, who suddenly realized. they looked at each other, stunned.

"annie, when was the last time you bought tampons?" kenzie asked.

"well not since college, i use the diva cup." annie said, "but, since i used that. maybe 5 months?"

"annie!" kenzie yelled, pulling into the cvs parking lot.

"omg! you're pregnant!" ella yelled, throwing her phone across the seats.

"maybe." annie said. "kenzie can you get it?"

"of course." kenzie got out of the car, and went inside. "hi, where are your pregnancy tests?" kenzie asked.

"isle 7, by the tampons and pads." the woman replied, "good luck."

"thanks?" mackenzie said, unsure what to say. she walked over, taking three clear blue tests.

"mackenzie?" she turned, johnny and emily. AGAIN!

"shit." mackenzie mumbled, "what are you doing here?"

"picking up my prescription. and you are-" emily's eyes widened at the multiple tests in her basket. "pregnant?"

"no-" mackenzie looked away, "i gotta go." she paid, then scurried to her car.

"what happened?" annie asked, as mackenzie threw the tests on her lap.

"emily and johnny. i swear, they're everywhere!" mackenzie exclaimed.

"miss, you never told me how you and hayden got together." annie explained.

"we reunited after i went back to school. and that's it i guess. why?"

"he was the guy who worked with me." annie explained.

kenzie gasped and laughed, "the guy you had those dreams about?"

"you had dirty dreams about a guy at work? ew!" ella commented.

"to be fair she was pregnant-"

"wait!" ella interrupted, "you had a kid?"

annie looked down, staring at her tattoo. it was two pairs of angel wings. one big and one small. one for caleb and one for her baby. "she doesn't." kenzie stepped in, "she was pregnant, but-"

"oh." ella realized, "i'm sorry julianna."

"no it's fine." annie said, then looked away. "i really don't wanna be pregnant right now."

"i understand. but what will you do if you are?" kenzie asked.

"don't know." they drove to kenzie's house. the kids were at school and hayden was working.

annie removed the packaging, and read the instructions and did them. it reminded her of when she last took a test. in detention with the girls. "now we wait 3 minutes." annie said, closing the bathroom door.

"if i make popcorn, time should go faster?" ella suggested, hungry mostly.

"in the pantry." kenzie said, pointing to the pantry. ella smiled, going to the pantry.

three minutes went by, and ella of made her popcorn, they went back to the restroom. annie took it and gasped, "negative."

"woah was not expecting that." ella said, "do you have any butter for this?"

"fridge." mackenzie said, then ella walked away. annie immediately broke down once ella was gone. "annie? what's wrong?" annie handed her the test, "two lines." two very bright lines.

a/n y'all calm your horses. yes it's a jenzie book but like i said, it's not ALL about JENZIE! it's about the girls! yes the main ship is jenzie but it's about the GIRLS AND THE PACT!