PACT|NINE

🕷

"I HOPE YOU LIKE HELL BECAUSE YOU'RE GETTING A ONE WAY TICKET!"

annie laid on her bed, as she looked down at her stomach. "so like, i have to talk to you. and, um, it feels weird talking to someone who doesn't breathe oxygen and is surrounded by my organs, but here i go." annie talked for 2 hours, about her brother. once she started, she couldn't stop. every memory of her brother.

"annie? i'm home." katie said, opening her door. "i got food." annie jumped up, it getting harder because of her stomach.

hayley joined them, they ate and then afterward, all showered. annie was laying in the couch, watching scandal when hayley came in. "go ahead." annie said, then hayley laid next to her, her head on annie's stomach. she loved it, it was warm and sometimes the baby would kick.

"knock knock." kenzie said, as she came in. "you guys should really lock your doors. it's all most 10."

annie got up, and looked over, seeing kenzie had two bags. "what are those?" annie asked.

"well my mom did too much shopping in the boys department, and grabbed three of the same things. we went to many stores and forgot what we already had. so this bag is for you." kenzie said, placing the large bag in front of her.

"wow you guys must be rich." hayley said, as she dug into the bag.

"yeah right. my sister and stepdad know how to coupon." kenzie said, then sat down.

"i'm gonna go to sleep. night." hayley said, leaving the teens.

"wait. emily's house is closer. why did you come here first?" annie asked, seeing girls stuff in the other bag.

"um, can you bring it to her tomorrow?" annie groaned.

"mack, you gotta just step up." annie said, the turned scandal back on.

"how can i possibly look johnny in the eye?" mackenzie said.

"that's why you've been missing the past few café sessions." annie said, and mackenzie nodded.

"i've been doing them at home. i'll try my best to go." mackenzie said, then left.

she went to emily's next. knocking on the door, johnny opened it. "hey kenzie. what are you doing here?" johnny asked.

"is emily home?" kenzie asked, not looking in his eyes.

"no, she's grabbing some of her tea." johnny said, "can i help you?" he asked, letting her in.

"um, i just came to drop off-" she cut herself off. she remembered what annie said, and looked at him. "you remembered that night right?" she asked.

johnny sighed, placing his hands in his pockets. "yes, yes i do." johnny said, then mackenzie looked down. "shit. don't tell me-"

"no. no. they're ashton's." he sighed in relief.

"thank god. i couldn't imagine dealing with twins and another baby." johnny said, smiling.

kenzie sighed, dealing with. she never wanted her twins to be with someone who thought having twins was something to deal with. "anyway, these are for the baby. i had extra." she left, not caring to say bye.

mackenzie grabbed her clothes, and folded them. she moved her room around, so two cribs and bassinets would fit. the nursery was still being worked on, so lots of the baby things were in kenzie's room. the changing table, diapers, clothes, everything. greg built a white closet for the babies' clothes.

"nesting already?" maddie asked, as mackenzie was folding her babies' clothes.

"yes." mackenzie answered harshly. "this was all a mistake! this stupid pact!"

maddie sighed, everyone knew the pact was stupid, careless, and absolutely life changing, but they tried their best to hold it in. "yes. it was." maddie said firmly, "but now, you got two other girls into this. you have to live with that. of course that pact was a mistake, but your babies aren't. your babies are not and will never be a mistake. yeah you made a faulty choice, but now you have to live with it. we all have to live with the choices we make everyday. should i have eaten that cheesecake last night knowing i was on keto? no. and it was a bad choice."

"you're comparing my kids to a cheesecake?" mackenzie asked. 

maddie groaned, "you just gotta live with what happened, and move on." maddie kissed her forehead, then left.

"did you two get any of that?" mackenzie mocked, looking at her stomach. "no? ok."