PACT|THIRTY THREE

♍️

"VIRGO; THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU A PRIORITY!"

"so have you told the father about your birthing plan?" mackenzie's doctor asked, as mackenzie wiped off the gel from her stomach. "he hasn't come to any appointments for the past couple months."

"yeah, i'll tell him at dinner tonight." mackenzie explained, then put her shirt down.

leaving the doctors office, she went to go pick up the twins at hayden's. she opened the door, smelling the barbecue from the patio. "mommy!" ivana cheered, rubbing towards her mother.

jordan came too, hugging his mother, "hi my loves." she hugged both of them, then went over to the patio, where hayden was. "hey hay."

"hey." he closed the lid of the grill, "hows our baby doing?" he asked.

"good, kicking too much and keeping me up but he's doing good." mackenzie leaned against the doorframe, "about the baby, i need to explain the birthing plan to you."

"aren't we just going to the hospital?-"

"well, i've done lots of research and i want a at home birth in a birthing tub." mackenzie explained, and hayden got confused. "i talked with my midwives and well, i believe this is what is best." hayden was unsure, "my midwives are trained and are the best in all of california. there's hardly any risk and if there is, the hospital is a 3 minute drive from the house, if we speed a bit."

"where do i come in?" hayden asked.

"well, i'll call you when contractions start. you'll come over, johnny will take the twins to his place and then, we have this baby." mackenzie explained.

"have you talked to annie yet? since she moved?" hayden asked.

"do you like her?" mackenzie chuckled, hayden didn't answer, "you do!"

"maybe a tiny little crush." hayden replied.

"don't worry about me ok, we've both moved on, mostly." mackenzie said.

"is it bad if i kinda do?" hayden asked.

"no, of course not. i love you, but not like a lover but my best friend and my kids' dad." mackenzie explained, then looked at her watch, "better eat soon."

annie has moved a couple months ago. she had her baby girl, named her lola, and now lives back in la. they haven't talked much, but some. mostly about annies curiosity with what's happening between kenzie and johnny. which hasn't been anything really. mackenzie's focused on hers and haydens baby boy and kids and school, which has filled up every second of her time.

mackenzie set the table, the kids helping. as they finished, the doorbell rang. "i'll get it!" ivana cheered, running over.

"no, i'll get it." mackenzie smiled, going over to her and helping her unlock it. "johnny?" he was standing there with a bundle of flowers.

"hey, sorry i'm late." hayden came back from the patio, immediately shaking hands with johnny. they've become great friends recently and that honestly scared mackenzie.

"yay! family dinner!" jordan cheered, hugging johnny.

"i guess we should add another plate." mackenzie sighed, "wait where's allison?"

"she's spending the weekend with her cousins in san francisco so it's just me tonight." johnny explained, then they went to the table.

they all served themselves, their mouths watering at just the smell of the delicious food. "time to eat!"