Bakugou x Reader (Fear Of Storms)

You could see the storm clouds heading your way as you walked to Bakugou's house, your hands were clenching your bag... You've hated storms for as long as you could remember, and now you have to face one when studying with Bakugou...

'I have to stay strong! I can't let him know i'm a coward! Ahhh! Who am i kidding?! I'm such a baby! NO! I got this! I won't freak out!'

It was quiet in his room, neither of you were speaking, the only sounds were the rain drops tapping on the window and the smooth sounds of your pencils writing. You were content though, it was peaceful and the storm seemed to have passed minus the rain.

So you thought, until a sharp, loud crack to a long, low rumble struck out of no where!

"Katsu!" You couldn't help yourself, you were scared and frightened so your body reacted.

"The hell?"

Clinging to Bakugou's arm tightly with your head resting on his shoulder blade and your body quivering, you closed your eyes in hope that the storm would stop.

Another loud crack came down outside and this time it sounded a lot closer. Tightening your grip around Bakugou's arm and burring your head into his should more, a small cry fleed from your mouth.

"The hell is your problem idiot?" Bakugou's words were as if he didn't care, but the fact he was speaking so softly proved to you otherwise. "HEY! I SAID WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!? ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!"

"Thunder..." You were mumbling, and the fact that his shoulder was muffling you didn't help.

"Huh?! Couldn't quite catch that?!" Pushing you away, Bakugou sat there waiting as patiently as he could for your answer.

"I- Th-The...." Your head was lowered, how could you tell him... '...He's going to think i'm weak and tell me to leave...'

"SPIT IT OUT DAMMIT!" Tapping his pencil violently, Bakugou was clenching his teeth but the minute your head lifted... His pencil dropped from his hand... For the very first time, Bakugou felt a ping in his chest... Your face was full of distress, and those beautiful eyes of yours that always shined so bright... no longer radiated happiness. Instead your eyes were crestfallen...

"It's th-the thunder... Katsu, i'm sorry... I know you probably look at me differently now, but for as long as i can remember" -A tear falls from your dejected eyes- "for as long as i can remember i've always been terrified of them, i'm so scared that a tornado or something with hit and everything will be destroyed..." Wiping your face you were about to get up so you could leave to get a tissue, but when one was presented in front of your face you didn't know how to respond.

"You really are an idiot aren't you?" Bakugou waved the white tissue in front of your face until you finally took it. "... We are all scared of something..." His face was turned from you.

"Katsu?"

You followed his eyes and there on his desk, Bakugou was staring at a framed picture with the two of you in it... Was he scared of losing you? Scared of you feeling hurt?

"Don't ever look at me with those sad eyes again... Got it?"

Bakugou never said it, but as he looked at the framed photo of you both, you knew... Your strong willed Katsu was scared of seeing you in pain.

As you blew your nose thunder struck again which caused you to blow the tissue right out of your hands...

"Idiot... come here." Grabbing your hand, Bakugou stood you both up and lead you to his bed.

"Sit"

Doing as he commanded you sat on his bed. Getting comfortable on the bed you felt a warm blanket being wrapped around your shoulders with him climbing in the bed with you. Flicking on the TV, Bakugou sat on his bed with you until... BOOM...

The lights went out.

You froze unable to move.

"Fucking kidding me!!!! Dammit! Hold on, stay here. I'll be right back."

...You weren't going to go anywhere... You were still paralyzed.

Leaving the room, Bakugou was quick to come back.

You heard low crackling noises, he was using his quirk, and soon there was light in the room. Using his quirk, Bakugou lit a few candles and placed them in his room.

"You're staying here tonight by the way. It's too bad out for to go home, and since my parents aren't home to drive you this is the best thing. Now scoot over."

"Eh? Katsu, I can't i need to go home or my parents-"

"Shut the hell up! I said you're staying here! Who's going to look after you tonight with this storm? Dammit! Just let me just be your personal hero tonight! GOT IT?"

You wish you had your phone next to you. Bakugou's legs were shaking, one of his hands clasped over his mouth, and his face was redder than deadpool's costume. He was in total shock that he had just spat that out of his mouth.

"Not one fucking word, ___."

Walking over to you with his legs out goofy, he joined you in his bed. Smacking his hand on your forehead, Bakugou forceully pushed you down on the bed and flipped you so you were on your side. Curling up with his little spoon, Bakugou wrapped his arm around your waist.

Whenever thunder struck he could feel you shake against him, he was trying so hard to think of something that would calm you down and finally, he had an idea.

"Hey... Listen. You've said before that you like my quirk, right?"- He moved the hand around your waist to your face, raising it a little so it wouldn't cause harm, his hand started to spark with mini explosions.- "Think of the thunder as my quirk... Listen to it."

You closed your eyes and listened in, and when the thunder struck you could hear the similarities.

"Sounda kind of like it, right?"

You nodded your head, eyes still shut, listening.

"Whenever you hear thunder, just think of me..."

Thunder struck again and you didn't jump or tremble, instead... when you heard the noise, you pictured Katsu protecting you from bad guys... and soon... your thoughts had become a dream as you drifted off to sleep in Bakugou's arms.

Stopping his quirks tiny explosions, Bakugou smirked to himself as he heard your soft breathing.

"Goodnight ya cute idiot..." His eyes had gone serious as he held your head close to him, "I'll always be here to protect you..."