Hawks x Reader x Dabi (Despair) PRT. 2

Authors Notw: d/n = Daughters Name :)!!! 

A lone tear hit the ground as Hawks looked up into the night sky. You had both gotten so far the past two years... So why did this all have to happen? Because he had some foolish dream that Hero's could relax-

"What are you doing all alone out here daddy?"

Hawks heard a familiar small voice... Closing his eyes he wished this nightmare would end, but as he turned around there she was... With here vibrant red hair and turquoise eyes... Along with a shy smile...

Despite the hair and eyes, she resembled you... Same facial features and more... But what tore his very soul was how she carried your personality...

As she pranced over to him, she held out a small blanket for him, "You'll get the sniffles if you keep standing out here daddy!" The concern in her voice was apparent, and Hawks didn't want to worry her any further. Taking the blanket in his hand, she quickly pulled it back, "Nuh-uh! You're always taking care of me! My turn!" Smirking down at her with tired eyes, Hawks kneeled down so she could wrap the tiny thing around his shoulders...

Trying to keep it together, Hawks just couldn't do it anymore, mournful tears fell to the ground, his "daughter" observed him with her own teary eyes, "Y-You-" She sniffled and wiped her nose on her sleeve, "You a-a-aren't alone d-da-daddy!" Wrapping her arms around her father's neck, she sobbed into his shoulder, "Mo-mom-mommy is wa-wat-watching over us!"

Wrapping his mangled wings around her, Hawks embraced her to shield her from the cool air... He knew it was wrong to wish she would disappear at times... It wasn't her fault, none of it was... Closing his eyes once more, Hawks remembers it all as if it was yesterday...

"Congrats!!! It's a girl, Mr. Wing Hero!!! You never told me, ___'s actual hair color was red!!! Your daughter is so beautiful!"

The minute he heard what hair color his "daughter" was born with... Hawks knew the child wasn't his... That their worst nightmare had actually come true... And that Dabi's seed did in fact won dominance that night...

Clenching his fist, Hawks gave the nurse a fake smile, "Whoa! Can't believe it! Can i go see them now?"

"Of course!! ____ and your daughter are waiting for you!!!"

Hawks flinched at the word daughter... "Thanks..." Hanging his head low, Hawks slowly opened your door... There he heard you crying, and as he stepped inside, there he saw you holding what was supposed to be his daughter...

"Hawks... I'm so sorry...-"

"Don't be... It's not your fault..."

"No... I'm sorry... I can't just abandon her... Sh-She needs a home so she doesn't end up like the rest of them... Like... him..."

Hawks heart sunk, he could see the pain in your eyes, you really didn't want to do this... But it was just motherly instincts to protect her...

"____. She won't ever know the truth. I promise... And we can always try for a sister later, right." With a warm smile, Hawks lifted his head up while tilting it to the side so he could flash you his pearly white teeth.

Nuzzling your daughter, you nodded, "She's lucky it's you who will be her father... And i know we will get through this, my love." You reached out for his hand and Hawks took it in his...

"D-daddy... Yo-you aren't al-alone..."

Your daughter's voice had awoken him from his thoughts... Pulling away from her, Hawks swollen red eyes question her... "I- I know, i have you silly."

She shook her head, "No-oo, i mean... M-mommy is here too... l-lo-looky" She pointed above them, the dark sky was beautiful as stars surrounded them in while the moon gave off a light glow.

Hawks looked all around in the sky to see that the stars were twinkling, "The stars, huh?"

"Mhmm!!! S-she's always with you in y-your heart, daddy!!! And m-mine!!" She placed a hand on his chest where his heart laid dormant, and one on hers..."I wish she would come down though... I- I don't re-remember much of mo-mom-mommy..." Her eyes shut tight and she was starting to hyperventilate... Clenching her father's shirt, she crashed into him head first, "I miss mommy, daddy!!!"

Hawks officially didn't know what to do... He wished that you were here... '___... What do i do...'

"Why did that bad man have to take her away from us!!" She pounded her tiny fist into Hawks chest...

Hawk's didn't think this night could break him any further... But he was wrong... Why did she have to bring up Dabi...

"We were a happy family until he came an-"

"Shh..." Hawks gently rubbed her back, "Don't." Resting his head against her forehead, he cradled her in his arms, "Your mother will always be looking down at you." Hawks pinched her cheeks softly "she's always going to be keeping an eye on you."

Your daughter rapidly began to wipe her tears from her stained cheeks and once hers were gone she began to wipe off Hawk's tears.

"T-then we can't cry anymore, daddy! She can see that you are hurting! She wants you and me to smile!"

Hawks helped her wipe his tears. "You're right, she wouldn't. If she was here she'd probably tell me to get over it, but she'd hold you and tell you it's okay to cry.

"Daddy c-can we go see h-her grave-"

Before she could finish her sentence a deep voice had cut her off.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Uncle Enji..."

Hesitantly, she released herself from Hawks grip, and walked up to Enji Todoroki... "Daddy and I were just talking about mommy and how she's watching over us..." Enji watched as the little girl rubbed her eyes in exhaustion...

She was mentally tired, no child of her age should go through such horrors... and losing her own mother before her eyes...

As Enji picked her up, she was pointing up at the brightest star that was helping the moon light the sky...

"I see... So ____ is that one?" Enji looked up at the bright star and then looked over at Hawks whom was spacing out...

"(D/N), go inside and wait for us... I need to speak to your-" Enji was hesitant, "your father..."

"Is everything okay, Uncle Enji?"

"Yeah.. I was just thinking it'd be nice if you stayed with me tonight since I have the day off-"

"But Daddy would be alone then!!! He needs me!!! Mommy would want me to be here with dad-"

"I think your father needs some rest, (D/N)... Besides, Fuyumi and everyone would like to see you..."

Your daughter was quite upset, she frowned and looked back at her distraught father... She didn't want to leave him... "B-But-" more tears began to creep down her face...

"I'll be okay, sweetheart... I think staying with Uncle Flame would be a good thing!" Plucking a feather from his damaged wings, Hawks came up to her and handed her the feather... "Hold on to it tight when you think i need a hug... and when you do, I'll be able to feel it..." Hawks gently placed a kiss on her hand as she held onto it.

While Enji put her back on the ground she gave her father a quick hug and ran back inside while hugging his feather...

...

"Hawks, how are you holding up? I know today is the anniversary of ____-"

"Thank you for taking her tonight..."

...

Enji looked at Hawks with great woe, "it's no problem... she's my granddaughter after all..."