Hawks x Reader (Rescue)

As the masked villain pushed you off the building your life flashed before your very eyes. You saw each individual you knew, their smiles, their distinct features, and how each one came to be your friend...

Fastening your eyes shut, tears flew from your lashes as you fell with such speed. This isn't real! You can't be falling to your death now! How could this have happened to you? What is it you did wrong?! Why you?! Cursing in your head at the thought of everything you wished you were about to die with zero regrets but there was one in particular you had. Dammit, how you wished you would've told him how you felt, even if he denied you... it would be okay because at least you tried.

As your eyes flutter back open you notice that the villain is no longer in sight. You're falling, and falling fast... In a matter of seconds your life would come to an end.

Or so you thought.

Before your fragile back could hit the deathly concrete someone caught you in their arms. The impact of falling into his arms was brutal, but as red wings wrapped around your entire form you knew who had saved you from your grim fate...

"H-Hawks!!!"

His face was serious, but it changed drastically the moment his eyes met with yours. With a cozy smile, Hawks grip tightened on you, "don't worry, _____. You'll be okay. I promise."

It all went black the second he hit the ground with you wrapped in his wings and arms...

Crashing into the ground his body and wings shielded you as he took the brunt of it. As soon as his wings spread open and his hands loosened around your frame you knew he was wounded thanks to the fall. It wasn't drastic, but it was enough to do damage.

"Keigo! Keigo!" With your hands on his chest yours tears crashed down around him, "Please wake up! Please! You have so much to live for! Please! Keigo!" As much as you wanted to call him an idiot for not flying away instead of crashing you knew it was pointless. He had gotten to you just in time to shield you.

A weakened moan escaped the winged hero, but his eyes refused to open...

"Keigo!! I-..." your hands turned into fists on his chest, "I... I still need to tell you..." a tear clung to the tip of your nose, "I need to tell you how I feel... please wake up!! I need you in my life Keigo!! I love you!! Pleas-"

With a giggle barely coherent, Hawk's eyes finally came to life again. "So all it takes is me almost dying for you to finally say it, huh ____?"

Lifting his right arm, Hawks grabs the back of your head and forces your head to his chest. "I need you too, _____. Which is why I always risk my life for you... I need you to live. I can't imagine this world without you."

Clinging to his chest you continued to let out small sobs, "D-Damn you Keigo... Don't scare me like that again, please."

Soothing you by rubbing your back, Hawks face had turned serious again without your knowledge. Looking up into the sky he sees a vision of the league and yourself... He wanted to promise you that he wouldn't scare you like this again, but truth be told he didn't know how the whole league thing would end...

"___, i can't promise you."

He felt your back arch up so you could look at him, but Hawks held you down so your face would stay buried into him... "I can't promise you i won't scare you like this again, but i can promise that i'll do my best not to scare you..."

You knew what he was saying, as much as you didn't want to... At the end of the day he is a pro hero and anything could happen.