Shigaraki x Reader (Family)

"Get that away from me!"

Shigaraki was currently sitting on the couch swatting his hand about as his daughter begged him to let her paint his nails.

"Daddy! Please? They will be pretty like your hair, looky!" His daughter showed him the bottle which was matching to his hair color and hers, "See! See! It's pretty like your hair!"

Shigaraki was irritated, he loved his daughter but, "Where's your mother? Go paint her nails!" On days like this... he really wished you were home instead of out running around.

"Nooo daddy! She isn't here! It has to be you!" Here came the puppy eyes... Those damn enormous red eyes, and in the corner of those desperate eyes laid tears. Shigaraki was torn... run around with nail polish on his hands, or make his daughter cry.

"Tell ya what, i'll let you paint my nails if you get the answer right to my question."

His daughter's eyes lit up in an instant, she was all ears, "What's the question? Is it how many hands you wear when you go out!?"

Kurogiri was in the room with them both, his eyes seemed to be interested in the question as well.

Shigaraki was trying to think of something, anything, but for some reason he was drawing a blank, and as if on cue, Dabi walks through the door. That's when Shigaraki knew what his question would be.

Shigaraki pointed towards Dabi, "Alright, what's the name of the guy who just walked in?"

Dabi's eyebrow arched, "Why would you ask such a simple question, everyone here knows my name-"

"Ashtray!" Shigaraki's daughter had her arms in the air as if she had won a million bucks as she blurted out Dabi's "name".

Kurogiri's eyes were soft, enjoying the moment Shigaraki and his daughter were sharing.

"Good job my little one, that is correct." Shigaraki's grin couldn't get any wider, he was proud that his daughter remembered the name he gave Dabi.

"The hell..." Dabi was scratching the back of his head, irritated, but he knew there was nothing he could do about it.

Shigaraki's daughter was so caught up in the moment she forgot why her father even asked her the question. That is until she saw the nail bottle in her hand. Gasping, she jumped on her father's lap, "Does that mean i get to paint your nails daddy?"

Shigaraki sighed in defeat, a promise is a promise, and if there is one thing he swore to do it was to never break his promises to his daughter. "Yes, just take it off after."

Jumping off of Shigaraki's lap, she ran up to "uncle" Kurogiri, "Can i have a napkin Uncle Kuro?"

Handing her a napkin from behind the bar, Kurogiri then used his quirk to teleport her right back in front of Shigaraki, though only a few steps away, she still enjoyed it and it made her giggle every time.

"Okie daddy, place your hand on the napkin so i can paint them!" She was full of excitement, shaking the bottle she got down on the ground so she could focus, "well are you going to put your hand down?"

Lowering his hand, Shigaraki laid one hand down, all five fingers touching the napkin... and slowly it began to turn to dust... "I think you forget i can't put all my fingers down. Looks like we won't be able to do this after all-" His voice trailed off when he felt his thumb being snatched by a small hand.

His daughter grabbed his thumb and began to paint his nail... He was beside himself, he just showed her how dangerous his hands are, yet here she is. Delicately holding his thumb, her tongue sticking out as she makes sure not to get the nail polish on his skin. As he watched his daughter his scarred up lips turned upright into a soft smile. His daughter wasn't frightened of him, even now when she is able to comprehend his quirk... She still asks to hold his hand and for him to braid her hair.

"Next finger!" Letting go of his thumb she held her hand out for the next finger. Meeting her demands, Shigaraki held out a finger for her to paint.

"You can't scare me away daddy! Your quirk isn't scary! It keeps mommy and i safe, so it's like a shield for us!-" She giggled as she continued to paint his nails "-you're mommy and my shield! All you have to do is have your hands out and no one will want to come near us!"

Shigaraki felt an unusual feeling in his chest, he couldn't quite tell what it was... He felt so full, so content, and so stable... If All Might were to come crashing in right now, Shigaraki wouldn't be upset because... He was genuinely happy. He felt gratitude towards you, wishing you were here right now so he could sit beside you as his daughter painted his nails... wishing he could thank you for giving him an actual reason to live.

A few hours have gone by and Shigaraki was now back at your apartment, waiting for you to arrive. His daughter was curled up next to him as he played his video game, sound asleep until her little ears heard the door handle shake.

"Hello?"

"Mommy!!! Mommy's home!!" Jumping off the couch your daughter ran up to you hugging you, nearly causing you to fall backwards.

"Well someone missed me today! How're you doing love bug?" You pushed her messy light blue hair out of her face so you could see her dazzling red eyes. Collecting her in your arms you lifted her up so you could hold her. "You're starting to get big! Soon you'll be as tall as me!"

"Mommy! You have to see what daddy let me do to him today!"

Shigaraki was watching the two of you converse with one another, his girls, the two people he would kill for without hesitating. Hell, he already killed a nurse after she had touched his daughter without warning... It was right after birth, and he didn't want anyone else touching his child... As he watched you both smile and laugh that same feeling he felt earlier came crawling back.

"What did you do to your poor father now-"

"I painted his nails! He actually let me do it! You have to see!"

"Tenko is this tru-"

Embracing you and his daughter, "I...I...-" He felt an ich on his neck, but still he didn't let go of you or his daughter. "-L-love you both."

Drawing back, he took a good look at you and then his daughter, his eyes were soft like the smile on his face. You and your daughter both planted a kiss on his cheek, "we love you too daddy!"

Shigaraki clung to you both, his hands in fist so he couldn't destroy the only happiness he's ever known, family.