Chapter 34: A lazy day with Kai Garmadon and his family...

Reader Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name.

(H/L) = Hair Length.

(H/C) = Hair Colour.

(E/C) = Eye Colour.

(N/N) = Your Nickname.

Author's Notes: This is a spin-off from the main story Chaotic shattering. Splitting off from Chaotic shattering during. Season 2 Episode 3 Double Trouble.

(Third Person P.O.V)

___ Bizarro Ninja ___

It was after lunch and they had settled down for an easy day. "It's your move." (Y/N) said as she moved her piece across the chessboard.

Lord Garmadon looked at the chessboard with an intensity that (Y/N) knew all too well. She could see his competitive side coming through as he mauled over his next move on the chessboard.

Lord Garmadon's four red-eyed sons had gathered in the lounge room to watch their father and their beloved girlfriend battle across the board.

(Y/N) smiled at Lord Garmadon's confident look after he moved his piece. "There. I believe that is what you call a 'cheek'. Right?" (Y/N) said as she reached in and moved her knight into position to take out Lord Garmadon's king.

"Yes, we do call that a 'check'. However, this... is what we call a checkmate!" Lord Garmadon declared moving his castle into position to take out (Y/N)'s king. The game had ended in a draw so both Lord Garmadon and (Y/N) shook hands.

"This is a fascinating game you have here. I will have to take a set with me if I ever return to where I'm from." (Y/N) complemented as she looked up and smiled at Lord Garmadon.

While this was only meant as a complement to the game Lord Garmadon had chosen for them to play. This friendly comment had, however, upset Kai Garmadon.

Kai didn't like the implication that (Y/N) would ever leave. Even if it was only a light-hearted joke and burst into tears and started wailing on the ground.

This spooked everyone, sure Kai Garmadon was sensitive but he'd never broken down in front of them like this before.

Jay jumped off the couch and stood beside (Y/N) as she started to cuddle Kai. While Zane and Cole stood next to their father.

"Kai, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" (Y/N) questioned the sobbing, red-eyed Master of Fire.

All that came out of Kai's mouth was unintelligible nonsense. Jay's face turned into scowl directed towards his crybaby brother. "Jez, bro. Stop being such a baby." Jay scolded his wuss of a brother.

"Jay, don't be mean to your brother." Lord Garmadon sighed and shook his head disapprovingly at Jay. Jay folded his arms and sulked as his father turned his attention to his crying son.