Close As Sisters

Okie Dokie lets get started!👍

Kira's P.OV.

After that casualty, I start to head over to the training deck. It's not the best but it's better than nothing, we only get to practice fighting with others during training, but I like to practice in my free time as well. I enter the room, seeing that it is empty as usual, I place my bag down which holds my water bottle, towel, my staff, my phone, and some files for later usage. Once putting my stuff down to the side I walk over to a panel that controls the training settings. As the best fighter in the Garrison, I'm well known to be the best, of course, show other cadets good methods on fighting, even other leadership members, but still, none seem to be able to bring me down. I start up the program, I see a piece of the wall nearby open up, revealing a robot the height of an average man, and same structure. It walks over to the fighting arena, which I stand only a few feet where it stops.

I walk over and bow down a little, sure it's a robot but still, you always show respect when fighting, at least that's what my grandmother told me, it does the same gesture back to me. Soon it comes straight for me, I hold my position, it pulls out a staff and brings it down upon me.

I think fast, blocking the strike in the nick of time. It tries to push the staff more downwards upon me, but I push my own strength back. Then I swing it out of its hands, hearing the staff crashing against the floor. I shove my staff against the robot's chest, propelling it backward.

It stumbles a bit but soon rises from the floor, this time I'm the one to engage, yelling a bloody cry of strength, I run towards it like a blazing fire. I propel myself off the floor, raising my arms above my head, ready to strike down its horrifying robotic face into the metal ground. But to my dismay, it grabs my staff and throws me over its head to the ground as if I were just a stick.

Just before I face plant to the floor roll myself into a ball, rolling against the hard floor. I groan as I hit the wall, but I quickly get back up grabbing my staff, and for some reason, frustration boils inside me. I see the bot coming towards me it's fists wheeled back, ready to crush my face. But I hold out my staff and right when he makes his move, I jab the end of my staff under it's the chin. Making it fly back, seeing it hit its back against the floor bouncing off it like a pebble in a lake.

At the back of my mind, I hear ringing and it's so annoying, it's been coming back each day, growing louder. I groan from the pain. I look back up trying to shrug off the noise that pesters me, seeing that the bot gets back up. I run towards it letting all the anger that has been boiling inside of me, something that I didn't even know I held.

Strike after strike, it throws it's punches and kicks, I do the same, blocking each one after the other, for some reason not growing exhausted or weak. The ringing stops but is replaced with something else, memories. One's that were great, full of happiness and joy, with the people I had cared so much about, but then I'm brought back only to remember the sad truth, ' Matt is gone, Kira! He's gone and so is his father! I let them down! The reason they're gone is that you were weak, I let them down, it's my fault!'.

I wanted to give up to cry out for them, my pain growing, they were like family to me, the only ones left who I had called family. I had promised them I would protect them with my life, yet here I am now knowing that they might be lost in space who knows where!

My moves become faster, brutal. Each blow after the other, I could tell the robot could not match my speed. Finally, all my anger, sadness, and frustration come out in a loud bloody cry, swinging my staff in one final bang, the bot hits the wall, half-destroyed. It shuts down, I hear nothing but silence.

My knees then buckle underneath me, finally giving into pain. I let my silent sobs out, from the pain of loss. Matt was like a brother to me, I wanted to go off into space with him, to protect him and his father. Yet they held me back, and now I deal with the loss of a good friend. I'll never know if he is still out there, not when they won't let me see the damn files they hide from us. To keep the dark truth of what might be out there from us. To hide the truth of what really happened.