Training Time Part 1

Kira's P.O.V.

I jolt up from my bed as I wake to a nightmare, panting as sweat rolled down my face, ' She was right. She was going to make me pay.', I groaned as I get up from my bed, my room was next to Pidge at the left of me and Shiro at the right, I was lucky to get the one with a window. I turn to it seeing it was still dark out and I knew I wasn't going back to sleep, I get up from my bed and head to the bathroom to wash off my face. I get back out and see my paladin suit, ' Mmm it wouldn't hurt to try it on again', I thought to myself. I put each piece on then the helmet, I look at myself in the bathroom mirror, the suit was pretty cool, plus it fits perfectly on me. I walk back out and grab my staff extending it, I started to practice a few moves, seeing after facing my Galra self I might need some work.

A few hours pass as I continue to swing it around pretending I was actually fighting someone. I finish my last swing when I turn to the window seeing the sunrise, ' Whoa, I practiced for a long time, I didn't even notice.', I stop my practice and go back to my bathroom washing my face again, cleaning my sweat off. Then the alarm starts blaring and Allura's voice then comes through the coms, " Everbody up! Zarkon's attacking!", I grab my staff and run out of my room heading for the control room. I then see Shiro as I'm heading over there, " Morning Shiro", I say to him running alongside him, " Good morning Kira, well sorta", he said back, I knew what he meant by that, seeing that we were getting attacked again, not seeming to get a break." Race ya to the control toom.", I challenge him, he looks to me with a smirk, seeing that he accepted it. He then starts running ahead, ' Oh no you don't Shiro.'  I go full speed as well, tune out the noise of the alarm and Allura's voice, only focusing on my speed and surroundings. I then pass him and turn a corner that showed the door, ' Oh yeah I'm going to make it!', that was until I nearly tripped over and he passed me entering the room first, me right after him. I was about to say something until I see Coran on his knees talking to 'Allura's severed head', " You've got to be kidding me", I mumble pinching the bridge of my nose, " Uh Coran.", Allura called out, " Oh yes Princess I'm listening.", " It's over", she stated bluntly, to which he turns his head jumping to his feet, embarrassed, " Oh! Time!", he said throwing the com thing over his shoulder." I'm guessing this isn't an actual attack.", Shiro said, already knowing the answer.

" And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?", she turned to him, " Seventy- five degrees.", we all then got confused, ' Wait what?!'. He then too realize his mistake, " Oh sorry. No, this a meat thermometer.", he clarified, " However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to battle Zarkon.", she asserted, " Look at you! Shiro and Kira are the only ones in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards?", she then looked around, " And where is Lance!?" As if he had practiced this, Lance comes waltzing through the door in a robe, slippers, and tea in his hand, his face so shinny I would be blind by now, not." Good morning everyone, what's going on?", he said casually, " Practical Lance...", I mumble under my breath, Pidge giggling after hearing my sentence." Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order. We had to run some tests on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed.", she said a bit angry. Hunk then yawned loudly, " Hey! You got to sleep for ten thousand years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now I've flown through space, fought some evil alien called Zarkon, eat good in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in uh, ... I don't know. What is today?", " It's the third quintant of the Spicolian movement? Hump day!", Coran filled in, " it's a lot to process.", he finished." You must understand the stakes of this mission. Over the last ten thousand years, the castle has picked up distress signals from these locations", she started to press a few buttons showing us the map again, all the marks blue until some turn red showing all the areas that have sent a distress signal, ' Oh no!'." So we must assume Zarkon as conquered almost the entire known universe.", she said she then moved the map to a different area a bit far from where we were, " Earth is here, an attack on your planet is inevitable."