Shiro's Finding

Kira's P.O.V.

I walk down the empty hallways, as it is time for all the cadets to sleep and the instructors have their breaks from teaching. I reach an elevator, our meeting spot was at the top of the building, as usual, I wait as the elevator finally reaches the top making its ding noise. I walk out quietly, seeing that it was not just Pidge up here, but also my other two cadets, I walk over, making no sound. I'm right behind them when I speak up, " Looks like some cadets want to stay up past their curfew." I see Hunk jump up in fear onto Lance, who as well is startled, and then is crushed by Hunk. Pidge tries to hold back her laughter, I try to do the same, Hunk gets up and stutters, "Kir-a, what a-are you doing her-re!", " Yeah, what are you doing up here!", Lance said as well. I chuckle, " Well it is my break, so I can wander around, unlike you kids who should be asleep.", I explained they look at each other."Well, you guys said we needed to bond together so that's what we were going to do until we followed Pidge up here", Lance declared, I looked at him and was just, "Yeah but did you have to do it at this time." He opens his mouth, but then nothing comes out, Hunk was sneaking up to Pidge's equipment as this conversation was going, which to Pidge was annoying as she scolded and smacked his hand away. "So Pidge what seems to be going on?", I ask, she turns to me and then the others, " The world as we know it is about to change.", I can see the confusion on Lance's face as for Hunk...still trying to see the equipment.

"The Kerberos Mission wasn't lost cause of some malfunction or some crew mistake. Stop touching my equipment!", Pidge yelled at Hunk, who then groaned and fell over like a lazy cat. Pidge then proceeds, " So, I've been scanning the system and picking up alien radio chatter." I stand there in shock, ' Actual alien radio chatter...This is....surprising?' Hunk shots up in alarm, "Whoa What? Aliens?" "Okay, you're insane. Got it.", Lance says I glare at him. Pidge then interrupts, " I'm serious. They keep repeating one word 'Voltron'". I stand surprised, ' That name, it sounds so......familiar. Where have I heard it before?' I then realize that name came from my dreams, it was always the same thing, pitch-black, but there was this voice that repeated that name every night until I woke up from the dream. I return my attention to the conversation, Pidge then explains, " And tonight it's going crazier than I ever heard it." "How crazy?", Lance questions. Soon after the alarm goes on, blaring and Iverson's voice then appears as well, " Attention students. This is not a drill. We are on lockdown! Security situation Zulu Niner! Repeat: all students are to remain in barracks until further notice !" I become alarmed, " Zulu Niner, oh no!", I look to the sky seeing something falling down, Hunk points it out and the others take notice of it." A very, very big meteor?", Hunks says, making it more like a question, "No, it's too big to be one!", I state in alarm. I see Pidge take out her binoculars and lookup.

" That's a ship!", she exclaims, Lance then yanks them away to see for himself, "Holy crow! I can't believe what I'm seeing! That's not one of ours." "No, it's theirs", Pidge states back, Hunk gets more scared, " Wait! So there really are aliens out there?". I watch as the ship flies down and crash lands into the ground, still alarmed from the news. 'I got to make sure these kids don't get hurt.', I state to myself, I watch as Garrison vehicles head out to the crash site. "We're going, now follow me!", I assert, I start to head out hearing Pidge right behind me along with Lance, Hunk not really wanting to go but has no option.

Little old-time skip brought to by Razzle Dazzle, or Sharpshooter, jamming out to some Voltron theme music

We sit by on a ledge near the site, concealing ourselves from the Garrison. 'I hate it when they don't try to call me for these things', I say to myself, Pidge starts typing down some code to hack into the cameras, while Lance looks through the binoculars looking around for anything useful." Whoa! What the heck is that thing?", he turns a bit, " And who the heck is she?", I look down at him and whack his head, " Lance!", an 'ouch' coming out of his mouth right after." Right, alien ship. Man, we'll never be able to pass those guards to get a look." Little did he know that we ain't just here for that ship, ' Who the heck came in it?', was my question, was it a person or creature of peace, or a foe....or maybe-" Wait. They set up a camera in there and I grab its feed. Look!", Pidge says I come over to see what she found. I put my hand over my mouth, shocked to see who was in it, 'Shiro...'.  He was a good friend of mine as well, I had met him through one of my old cadets, who had sadly flunked out. He was a great and kind man, a great leader as well. 'I can't believe they would strap him down like this. He is an admirable man, wait if he's alive that means......'. I stop my thoughts before I jump to conclusions. I see as he struggles against the restraints, he tries to warn them about something, but they ignore him. He then shouts the word 'Voltron', to which we all look at each in shock. They look at him for a few more seconds until they agree to put him under, I see him fighting against them but to his distress, he is held down and then put to sleep. The others converse with each other, hunk saying how we couldn't even get in. "That was before we were properly motivated. We've got to think. Could we tunnel are a way in?", Lance says out loud, Pidge then coming in with her own suggestion, " Maybe we could get some hazmat suits and sneak in as med techs.". Hunk then interrupted, " Or we dress up like cooks, head back to the dorms, sneak into the commissary-little late-night snack."