The Castles of Lion's Fall Part 1

Kira's P.O.V.

I open my eyes and my breathing hitches as I realize I'm no longer in the White lion anymore, but in the Black lion...sitting on Shiro's lap. I don't dare to move as my eyes look around for me, I groan as my eyes see the bright sun, I could sense Shiro tense up, but then relaxes seconds after, " Well, I see sleeping beauty as awaken from her deep slumber.", he joked, I laughed lightly at his joke, " Hello to you too, Shiro.", I say softly. I then remember that I was resting on him, " Uh... Shiro?", I ask, " Yeah.", he says, I'm guessing too focused on flying that he probably forgot I'm resting on his lap, " Umm, do you want me to get up or...", he continues to fly but his cheeks turn a bit pink and he looks at me," Oh! Uh, well, um... Well, we're almost to the castle so if you want you can sit here-- If you want too unless you want to stand or something.", he stuttered. I chuckled and looked at him, " It's alright, I'll just sit here. If you don't mind", " Of course, I don't mind.", he says right after, his cheeks still flushed. It goes silent for a while until I speak up, " Thank you, Shiro. For caring for me.", I say my cheeks turning light red, resting my head on his shoulder, " Of course Kira, you are an important part of our team. As the leader, I have to make sure my team is safe and well, plus... you're a good friend", he said with a smile, but something seems to lie behind it. I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed, ' I don't know why, but I feel like I'm falling for him all over again, but why? He's just a friend.', I thought to myself.

After a few minutes, we finally reach the castle. Shiro lands in his hanger as the others fly to mine to drop off White, I start to get up slowly, not wanting to faint or anything, Shiro then gets up, reaching over to me, " Here let me help you.", he puts my arm over his shoulder, " Shiro I can walk, I'm fine.", I say to him, but for some reason not taking my arm away, " I noticed that something happened to your foot, it's probably nothing but I'm just being careful, plus I don't want you to fall asleep or faint while walking.", he claimed calmly, I just sighed and walked with him out the lion. As we walk through the halls, Allura and Coran come by, " You guys did great! Well done!", Allura congratulated us, I smiled at them, " Thanks.", I say, Coran then inspects me, " Mmm. No bruises, no injures.", he then looks down at my right foot, where Shiro thought something happened, " Let's see here. Mmm...yes...I see", " So? Am I good?", I ask, he then gets up again, " You should be fine, but just go easy on it if I were you.", he suggested, " I will, thanks, Coran.", I say. Shiro begins to remove my arm as the others come running to us, in their normal clothes.

" Kira, you're ok.", Hunk exclaims as he hugs me and swings me around, " Yeah I'm fine tired but fine.", I say. He puts me down and then Keith pats my shoulder, " You did good, Kira.", he says a small smile on his face, I do the same, " Now that we are good let's go get the prisoners and get them ready to head out.", Allura says. We all begin to head out until I notice Pidge isn't here, " Wait where's Pidge?", I ask, Hunk then realizes, " Oh yeah, he said he was going to head out to the bridge outside.", he said. I was about to head out but then Shiro blocks me, " I suggest you get your rest. Especially in case of another attack.", he says placing his hand on my shoulder, I look down sighing, " Alright. But could I at least say goodbye to the prisoners?", I ask, he thinks for a second but then nods his head. He then says he was going to talk to Pidge after he left we headed for the hanger, seeing the pod up and running with the prisoners getting in."Good luck out there.", Lance said, " Thank you for you all, for everything. We never dreamed that we'd see our families again", the alien said heading in with the others, I then realized something, " Wait! Before you go, Hunk and I made you treats. For your long journey ahead", I hand him a basket filled with food I and Hunk made the day before, " Why thank you Kira and Hunk, for your generosity.", he said bowing his head down a bit, " You gave us all hope, you gave the universe hope. Good luck, paladins.", he finishes as he heads into the ship and soon flying off into space.