Saving the Balmera

Kira's P.O.V.

After what seems to be hours after the incident with Rolo and Nyma, we finally arrive at the Balmera, the place Hunk so desperately wants to help save from the clutch of the Galra empire." We'll be arriving at the Balmera soon.", Allura began, " Liberating these Balmerans from Zarkon's grasp will not be easy.", I began to think, ' She's right, these Balmerans have been in his hands for far too long, it will take a while to free them, especially since they might have thousands of soldiers on the creature, ready to attack.', Lance interrupts my train of thought as he speaks up, " So, what's the plan? Do we just go in there and-- pow, pow, pow! And free the prisoners", he exclaimed, making gun motions with his hands, Keith looks at him weirdly, " What was that noise?", Lance smirks, " Laser guns.", Hunk jumps into their conversation, " No, Lance you mean- pow, pow, pow!", Hunk imitated, but deeper than Lance's, he finally made a final pow, bringing his arms down, and pretends to fire, " That sounds more like fireworks.", Lance stated. Pidge then steps in too, " Technically, they sound more like-- ba-choo, ba-choo, ba-choo!", she said, her hand pretending to be a gun as she spoke, Shiro finally comes in to stop them, ' Finally', I mentally sigh, " Alright, enough with the bad sound effects... Besides it's like-- blam, blam, blam!", Shiro said, on his knees his hands in the form of guns. I facepalm as I realize he didn't listen to his own order and goofed off as well, everyone begins to criticize him when Allura is the one to finally stop them, " Paladins, focus.", she said, a bit annoyed as I was.

Hunk finally gets serious and begins to explain, " Besides, we can't just shoot at the Galra. This Balmera, it's, like, alive. And from what we've seen it doesn't look too good.", I turn to the screen above and see the Balmera, seeing the state that it's in, it is in danger, " Yes, it's an atrocity on what the Galra have done to this grand beast.", Coran stated sadly, " Stealing its crystals, its very life it's, without performing the energy rejuvenation ceremony to heal it.", he pulls up a close up of the land, seeing the Galra mining structures that strip away the Balmera's crystals." After seeing Shay's people enslaved, it made me realize how bad Zarkon really is. And we're are the only ones who can stop him.", Shiro then walks up and begins to speak, " Okay, so we can't go into the tunnels guns blazing.", Shiro thought, " Plan B, we figure out how to draw the Galra up to the surface and battle them there.", " Wait. I know. If we attack all the big mining stuff on the surface, the Galra troops will have to come out and defend them. Then we beat them up and head down to the tunnels, and Voltron saves the day.", he said, Keith then questions, " How will we know how many are left in the tunnels?", " We can track the Galra and the Balmerans by using Biothermal Life Indicator Point Technology.", Allura answered showing an image of a piece of tech of theirs that was shaped like an egg to me. I see Pidge bend down a bit and gets a closer look, " Oh BLIP tech!", Allura stares at her confused, Pidge realizes this as she glances over, " It's an acronym?", I couldn't help giggle silently at her excitement and interest in this new tech, " One of you will need to fly around the Balmera and drop sensors in the state on both sides. Then we will be able to see where the Galra and the Balmerans are. ", she stated simply, showing us an image of the Balmera and the tunnels within it." I can do it. I just modified the Green lion with the invisible maze's cloaking ability, I should be able to fly around unnoticed.", Pidge volunteered, Coran pulled up an image of one of the structures below, " That's their main power generator. If you take that down you'll severely weaken their defenses.", he stated.

We turn our attention back to Allura, " We'll stay in cloud cover and give tactical support. With the castle defenses weakened by Sendak's crystal, we won't be much help to you.", she clarified, " I'll take out the power generator. Keith, Hunk, Lance, and Kira, take out the big mining rigs around the area", Shiro declared, giving out our task." Yeah! Okay, let's do this! Let's go kick some alien butts!", Hunk exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air, I smiled at his enthusiasm, I was glad to see him smile after he has been grumpy and worried ever since we left Arus. We all get our suits and head to our lions, I finally sit in my seat in the White Lion, ready for take-off when Lance spoke through the coms, " You think the Balmerans will have a parade for us after we free them.", I groaned as Lance stated that, " I should have known he would say something like that.", I grumble under my breath. As Keith tells him something, I prepare for the big push out the castle, Lance is interrupted as we get launched out and head towards the Balmera, just as we pass through the herd of clouds, they begin to fire at us, the biggest one shot out the biggest blast, it had the shape of a star, except it was missing two of its points.