Training Time Part 2

Kira's P.O.V.

It's me and Shiro's turn to do the maze, Shiro guiding, and me walking, ' Alright let's do this!', " Whenever you're ready Kira.", I place my helmet on, " I trust you, Shiro. Now let's do this.", I say confidently. Shiro guides me around, me nearly touching the walls, " Okay, Kira last one take two steps right and then go left.", I nod my head and do it, finally finishing it, " Great job paladins! Now off to or next training session. To your lions.", Coran said heading off. I take off my helmet, letting my hair fall out, I then head out with the others walking next to Pidge, " You did great Pidge.", " You too Kira. You and Shiro make a good pair. No wonder the lions chose you two as our leaders.", she said smiling, I smile as well, laughing a bit too, " Maybe Pidge. Maybe.".

We then fly out in a tight formation, Coran leading us on what we are doing, " You'll never be able to form Voltron unless each of you has a strong bond with your lion"." No problem. Me and Blue are best buds for life, for reals", Lance brags, I couldn't help but playfully roll my eyes, " Perfect! Then you won't have trouble with this exercise", he says, " Everyone put you lion in a nosedive", we do as we are told, " Now this an expert drill that you shouldn't attempt until you've been flying for years, but uh we're in a bit of a rush so here we go". Then out of the blue, I couldn't see a thing, everyone started panicking, " Coran! What's happening? I can't see a thing!", Lance panics, " You must learn to see through your lions' eyes. The goal is to pull up before you crash into the ground. Feel what your lion feels.", Coran encouraged. I could feel the uneasiness in all the paladins, especially Hunk's, out of nowhere he cried out, " Mine feels scared!", I'm guessing he pulled away but crashed due to a huge thud noise coming from the side, ' Come on Kira, you've got this!', I said to myself, " You still going, Keith?", Lance asked over the coms, clearly wanting to challenge Keith, "You know it. You?", " Going? I'm speeding up!", " Oh yeah?", Keith says. I could tell they sped up due to the zooming noise that passed me, " You guys! Oh brother.", I sigh knowing that they'll never get along. They continue to bicker, then I hear a crash, " What was that noise? Did they crash?", Pidge panic, " Pidge don't-", I warn her but she pulled back and I guess crashed." Ok, Kira, you're fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. Just breath and close your eyes", I whisper to myself, trying to calm myself down, I close my eyes and see the White lion again.

" We got this, I just need...to calm down.", I rest myself against the lion, it nuzzled its head at me, " I trust you with all my life", I say calmly, " We can do this.", I say looking at it, I then feel ourselves fuse into one. I open my eyes and am looking through the eyes of my lion's. We are about to hit the ground when we both lift upwards, diving under and over the landscape, " Whooooooo!", I yell out in excitement, I then see the Black lion right next to me, " Looks like we're not the only ones who made it, huh girl.", I say, I could feel her enthusiasm and she started going faster, passing the Black lion." Is this a challenge Kira.", Shiro asked," Well not exactly my dear leader looks like our lions are challenging each other, bringing us along", I explain, a smile on my face, I could hear him chuckle on the other side. They started to do some type of race with no exact finish line, tagging us along. That was until Coran spoke, " Great job you two, you guys did it!", he said enthusiastically, " Yeah we did, didn't we.", I say going back to my own vision and patting the lion from the inside. We soon get the others from where they crashed and head back to the castle to its training deck.

We all sit in a circle in the training deck, wearing weird bands on our heads, our eyes closed, " The most important part in paladin training is being able to meld your minds and focus on one thing: Voltron. Everything has to fade away", Coran clarifies. I sit quietly, Shiro on my left and Pidge at my right, I could see what everyone was thinking, Keith, his home, Lance his family, Hunk, ...food, Shiro, the Garrison Launching area, and Pidge, ..... Matt... I didn't know what to think it was all just fuzzy, it just flashed from one thing to the next. My grandma, my old home, Matt, Samuel, Pidge, the Garrison, the friends I made there, pictures of my supposed parents that I never met. I tried not to think of Galra me, I didn't want them to see that. " Now focus on forming your lion", Coran said, ' Ok, I got this ', I tried to form it, trying to block everything out, until it finally formed, "Bring your lions together and form Voltron. Keep your minds open, work together. Good!", Coran encouraged as we all brought them together, except for Pidge, still struggling.