The Fusion

Shiro's P.O.V.

I watched as Kira's hand slowly slipped down from Pidge's face, other parts her body going limp, as her bright and gentle smile fades away, her eyes starring up at the roof, lifeless. Pidge held her close even more, hugging her limp body, silently sobbing, I had to turn away, I just couldn't bear the fact that she was dead... And that I could have done something about it but I just sat there as I watched her slip through my fingers,' I'm so sorry, Kira. I could have done something for you, but I hesitated. I... I...cared so much about you. Yet I let you die, I'm so sorry!', I scolded myself. Allura walked away crying, Keith got up as well, but I couldn't hear anything come from him. I place my hand on Pidge, " Pidge...you have to let her go-", " No! I'm not letting her go! I'm sorry but I can't.", she stated, her sobbing going down, " I know you don't, I don't want to either, but we have to.
She held onto her tighter than before, after a minute she finally, slowly, let her go, handing her off to me. I stare at her, letting a single tear roll down my cheek, I placed my forhead against her's, finally getting up, to find a good resting place for her. I start to head out the door, the others following right behind when suddenly the mice stop me in my tracks and begin to squeak like crazy.

We all just watched as they squeaked and squealed, we looked at each other confused, Allura then seemed to pop up with an idea." You understand right? What their trying to tell us?", Keith inquired, " Well not entirely, but enough to know what they're basically trying to say.", she claimed, she walked right past me and knelt down right in front of them, listening intently as they squeaked away, trying to explain something. She finally turned back to us, " They seem to want us to put Kira's body in one of the healing pods, to heal her wounds and bring her...back.", she stated confused but was positive on what she heard. I look at the others but I actually wanted to do it, I trusted them for some reason, " I say we do it. At least to see what happens.", I said out loud, they all seem to agree, Pidge the most, we then start to head over the healing pods, along with Lance, who Keith carried, ' Don't worry Kira. I'll save you, I promise...'

Kira's P.O.V.

Wake...up. Wake up... Wake up!

" Ah!", I yelled as I woke up on a white cold floor, in the world between worlds again, " Great! Not this place again!", I shouted frustrated, as I fall to the floor once again. A shadow then falls over my face, I look up to see Femke giggling at my reaction, " Yes this place again.", she smiled, I couldn't help but frown more as she laughed at me," I've been here like two times already", " Well to be a more precise young paladin, you only been here once, but you've been here two additional times with your lion but at different settings.", she explained as I got up from the floor.

" Exactly! I've been here too many times that I've even lost track.", " Oh, you Earthlings are funny. But that what makes you so special.", she says as she walks next to me as we just walk around the empty place, no destination in mind." Well, half-human, half-Galra, I suppose.", I sigh, looking down in shame, " What seems to trouble you young paladin?", she asked, clearly already knowing what troubled me, but I answered anyway, " I've accepted the fact that I'm part Galra but... What about my friends? I'm not sure if they saw my hand or even the saw the way I acted during my final moments or even earlier than that... Honestly, it doesn't matter now since I'm dead now so yeah.", I finish off. I turn to Femke who seemed a bit nervous about something, " Did I say something? I'm sorry if I did say-", " Oh you didn't say anything wrong young one... Just that... I need you to go back to them, I'm going to bring you back to life and take you back.", she states as she stops in front of me.

I stop abruptly as well and I stare at her, confused and surprised, " What?! You can't bring me back to life! That's absurd! It's never heard of! You can do that!?", I blurt out, pacing around so confused and just...amazed." Yes it is possible and I must bring you back, if you want your friends safe and be able to defeat Zarkon.", she stated, unfazed by my reaction, I just stood there, it all sounded so absurd, to be able to come back to life, it sounded like a fairytale or something, just so unbelievable, " But I'm dead over there. Wouldn't seem strange, or freaky, just to come back to life out of the blue and be like 'Hey guys I'm back! Even though I'm supposed to be dead'!", I state, realizing how panicky I'm acting, " I'm sorry... I just kinda wanna stay here. You probably saw how I acted out on Sendak, I became a monster. I couldn't control my other side, I used it, even when I didn't want to.", " But you had too. To protect your friends from death that would have happened if you did not use your other side.", Femke reasoned.