Chapter 3

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. She took a strand of hair and rolled it around her fingers while she asked me, "Do you mind if I take a seat here?"

I found it incredibly polite of her to even ask me this unlike Rebekah. Just thinking about her makes me nervous.

I nodded to Talia and she took a seat right next to me. "Rex Mitchell, right?", she asked while looking at me with those deep black eyes.

"Ye...Yess", I said after taking a sip of water from my glass. I wanted to run away from there but I know I had to be cool.

This was just my second day here and for a fact I knew that I had to face them everyday. As soon as my order arrived, I realised that I had forgot to cancel April's order and now I was left with two pizza's.

Talia looked at me with those puppy eyes as if she wanted me to ask her for that extra pizza. I decided to act courageously and ask her if she wants to have it.

"Do you want to have some pizza?", I asked her while focusing on the oregano container in front of me. She just smiled at me and grabbed a piece.

We made some small talks about where I am originally from and also about my relation with April. I found it really funny when she accepted that for a moment she thought that April and I were sort of a thing.

I cleared her misconception and to be honest for a moment I saw a sense of relief on her face before she covered it with a "I am stupid" look. She also told me that Rebekah and her were best friends.

I just couldn't believe it because no matter if they have similar lifestyles but Talia is nicer than Rebekah. I appreciated that she didn't snide remarks about my nerdy appearance or the way I was clueless when she was talking about the frat parties in campus.

After having dinner she asked me if I wanted to have some ice cream. She was talking about some famous ice cream parlour nearby and swore that it served the best ice-cream in Seattle.

I wanted to go and check the place with her but it was already 10:00 and I needed to be back in my room so that I face no problems in getting up early for class the next day. She gave me a lift till the campus before leaving for some house party.

It was just Monday and I had to digest the fact that teens here party on the first day of the week also.

Talia's POV :

I left him at the dorms and drove back to my place to get ready for the party. The entire drive back home I couldn't stop reminiscing the way he turned red when I said something embarrassing or the way he adjusted his glasses again and again.

He is too cute to even exist. I had never seen someone so innocent and so pure. I always met guys who treated girls like shit and threw them away once they were done playing with her.

But looking at Rex, I can bet upon it that he hasn't ever kissed someone. Fuck kissing someone he is so cultured that I doubt he even has been in a relationship ever.

I wanted to know him more and that was the reason why I offered to take him to Moonlight's which is the ultimate best ice-cream parlour in Seattle but he denied. I wanted to argue with him but I turned it down considering it too soon.

It will take some time for him to trust me regarding the type of people I live with. I am sure Rey and Austin will try to be a pain in his ass and it will already be too much for him to deal with.

Rex's POV:

When my eyes opened it was already bright outside. I shuffled my hand hastily on the bedside table to get hold of the watch. It was 8:00.

Oh my god! I have already missed the first lecture.

I hurriedly made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before changing my clothes. I had no time left to take a shower and I internally cursed myself for forgetting to set an alarm.

I ran through the halls to reach to the class as soon as possible. I knew I would not get a seat in the front and this pissed me even more.

As soon as I reached my class I was relieved to see that the professor hadn't arrived yet. But the students were circling around the first bench causing a scene.

I made my way to see what was the matter about. On reaching, I saw Rebekah holding a boy by his collar whose nose was bleeding.

"I warned you twice that the seat next to me was reserved. Don't you understand that, you asshole?", she said while gritting her teeth. "But he isn't even here yet. Can you please keep your cool and not create such a drama", the boy said casually.

I wondered who were they talking about. Maybe Austin, although I didn't see him in class yesterday.

The crowd went quiet when they saw me and this caused me to scratch my neck. Rebekah noticed me and let the boy go.

I shifted my bag to my right shoulder and started walking to the back benches. She caught hold of my hand and this caused me to turn around.

"Where are you going?", she asked sounding a bit nervous. Rebekah and nervous?

I was surely dreaming, I consoled myself. "To the last bench", I said while looking at her.

She bit her lip before answering, "Come sit with me. Anyways aren't you a person who prefers sitting on the first benches always?". She asked while waving her hand for the crowd to dismiss. "Yes, I do but you yourself mentioned a minute before that the seat next to you was reserved", I said while jerking her hand away and making my way to the back benches.

She suddenly said a little loudly, "Don't you dare walk away. Come and sit here or I will drag you here myself." I was surprised by her choice of words.

I knew this might be one of her meaningless plans to insult me in front of everyone and mock me about being the way I am. I wanted to argue with her but the professor arrived which left me with no choice but to obey her.

I was busy writing the assignment when she suddenly asked me, "Why were you late for the lecture today?" I decided to ignore her false concern for me but I knew I had to answer her as she kept poking me in the rib with her pencil.

I took a deep breath before answering her, "I forgot to set an alarm. I also missed the first lecture." She chuckled at me for which she earned a glare from the professor but this couldn't stop her from continuing to speak, "So Mr. Smarty pants forgot to set an alarm on the very second day. Still distracted or English is the only lecture you have decided to attend henceforth."

I was going to answer her self obsession but I was intervened when the professor threw a chalk which hit her on the head. "Ouch", she said while rubbing the spot.

I laughed looking at her disgusted face and surprisingly she smiled back. A genuine smile actually.

At lunch break, I was waiting on one of the tables in the cafetaria for April when the very famous 6-Pack arrived making the other students turn heads. Talia saw me and passed me a big smile before waving her hand.

I waved back at her and this made Rebekah notice me. She was surprised to see me sharing a friendly notion with Talia.

Talia told the group something and after that all of them made their way to my table.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys. Enjoy this update. Do not forget to vote for this update and do share it with your friends and family. Also, let me know in the comments section about who do you like more. Rebekah or Talia? My next update will be on Tuesday. Bubye! Have a nice weekend!❤