Chapter 11

April asked me if I will be attending the bonfire night which is arranged in the campus twice a year by it's own students. I agreed to tag along with her for a little time.

It was almost 9:00 when April called me to know if I was ready. Looking at myself in the mirror I thought I was looking perfectly casual for a bonfire night.

I was wearing a full sleeves black T-shirt paired with light blue jeans and white shoes below. Completely satisfied with my look, I took my red muffler along and wore it around my neck quickly before leaving for the lawn where April was waiting.

It was a small walk to the place where the bonfire was being held. I wanted to ask April if she had any knowledge if the 6-pack was going to be there.

Well, to be honest after April told me that Rebekah deserves a chance I am desperately waiting to have a word with her. As soon as we reached the bonfire sight, my eyes furiously searched for her among the already crowded place.

I caught hold of the 6-pack sitting on one of the furthest corners with beer bottles in their hand but she wasn't there. I looked around in a hope to find her somewhere near but I knew it was useless as they all have a habit to stick together.

Utterly dejected, I took a seat next to April on one of the seats with April's friends. She introduced me to them but I was so consumed by my ownself that I didn't even remember their names right after the small know-how.

April was again and again turning around to get a peek of Rey but she finally stopped when they shared a glance and Rey acknowledged her existence by waving at her. I was looking at the bright fire burning with such compassion consuming the wood which it uses to stay alive.

I was feeling vulnerable by now. The slow music and the couples dancing in front of us didn't help me to get out of my trance state.

I was picking the thread on one of my sleeves when I heard Rey screaming, "Hey look Becca's here." My eyes lit up and as soon as I looked up our eyes met.

She was not as happy as she usually seemed and I assumed I was the reason for it. She was looking at me with a look that showed me how helpless she felt.

I passed her a small smile and I knew that she was completely shocked with it. She was looking so pretty in a white wollen sweater that she wore along with skin fit black jeans.

When she went to the table to grab a beer bottle I made my way towards her. "Hey", I said awkwardly while putting my hands in my pockets.

"Hi", she said while opening the beer bottle still not looking at me. "I am sorry", I replied while looking at the ground.

"You don't need to be. You were right. I should stay away from you", she said while biting her lower lip. I turned her to face me and said, "I still don't know whose fault it was the previous night. But I shouldn't have been so rude to you. It is clearly not justifiable. So let's start fresh. No games and no mockery."

Her face shimmered with happiness and she just nodded to my offer. We sat together on one of the benches making small talks about the upcoming events of the college campus wherein I came to know that the college will be organizing a trek real soon and it is compulsory as we get marks for our participation.

Looking at the couples dancing together, Rebekah asked me if I would like to dance with her. I just laughed stupidly after reminiscing the events of last night.

I agreed as I wanted to shake a leg with her from the very moment the music started. The music was slow so I rested both my hands on either side of her waist while she entangled hers around my neck.