Chapter 8

I nervously made my way to the black SUV standing in front of the dorm building. On seeing me she climbed down from the car and made her way to me.

She was surprised to see me and by the look on her face I could state that she was swooning over me. I cleared my throat to bring her back from her thoughts.

She looked embarrassed when she realized that I caught her eyeing me. "You look better than what I imagined you to be."

I rolled my eyes at her comment and asked her, "Is this your way of complimenting someone?" She faked a laugh before coming closer to me which made me hold my breath. 

She was practically looking like a model who just came out from a vogue magazine shoot. Now it was my turn to go gaga over her.

I couldn't help but notice her short light brown coloured one-piece which had a V- cut in the front just right in front of her thighs highlighting her long shiny legs. The dress had a deep neck showcasing the right amount of cleveage.

I could feel the fire burning in my stomach to touch her once but I brushed away the thoughts and felt highly dejected to even think about such things. "Atleast I had the courtesy to pass a compliment indirectly unlike you who has been noticing me for more than a minute now and still hasn't said nothing", she said while looking at her watch.

"Okay. I admit I am being a jerk here. You look..." I took a long pause while looking straight into her eyes "Mesmerizing". I could see the smile that formed on her lips but she was quick enough to wipe it off with a mischievous smirk.

I don't know what is with her that she always tries to be strong, with respect to her actions, her feelings or even her expressions now when I noticed her. "Even you look handsome", she said before making her way to the driver's seat.

I blushed  but I was relieved that she wasn't noticing my face turning into a dark shade of red. As soon as we sat in the car she played the song "All of me".

I couldn't help smiling when she sang along. The girl with whom I was sharing a seat in the car was not something she was portrayed to be.

Rebekah was always told to be a bitch with an arrogant attitude and her bully behaviour made her more talked about in the campus. But she seemed something different to me.

For once I thought the veil she keeps to cover her true self was being held up which to my surprise brought someone whom I have found to love compliments, enjoys singing along with the lyrics of the songs and is a true sweetheart with a bit of a mocking tone. The innocence that was easily embodied in those blue eyes of hers which looked more pretty when the city lights fell on them.

She caught me looking at her more than twice but I was glad when she didn't tease me for it.

Rebekah's POV :

I was happy to have him there with me in that moment. It all seemed so perfect.

I was finally getting a chance to know him more. I wanted to show him all the love that I had inside of me waiting for years for a recipient and finally I got one worthy of it.

Trust was a difficult concept to me after years of being cheated and used again and again. But this person in front of me was different.

I caught him looking at me in the car when I was singing like an idiot along with my favourite song. He was just staring at me as if I was his whole world.

I didn't interject in between as I wanted this to be true. I wanted him to feel for me the same way I was feeling for him.

I wanted him to like me for once, to see me as someone who deserved a chance with him. Rex was looking so smart in the attire I gifted him that I literally had to control the desperate feeling inside of me that just wanted to taste his lips and feel his body against mine.