Chapter 4

Talia came and sat next to me while her palm rested on my thigh. This made me uncomfortable.

My eyes were darted on the cafetaria entrance wishing to see April walk from there with her comforting aura. I was distracted by my thoughts when Rey directed a question towards me, "What you doing tonight, pal?"

I thought for a moment if I should tell them that I was planning to study for the upcoming tests but flushed the idea not wanting to be mocked again. "Nothing", I said while taking a bite from my burger.

While they carried on with their rants about the boring lectures and the party the night before, I caught Rebekah looking at Talia's hand on my thigh and I don't know what caused me to pass her a smile after that. A smirk actually.

Just then Talia scooted closer to me and said in a seductive voice, "Wanna go for a movie tonight?" I choked on the coke I was sipping.

I had never in my life been asked for a movie.

Rebekah's POV:

As soon as I heard Talia asking Rex if he wanted to go for a movie with her I couldn't believe my ears. Talia was hitting on him.

And to be honest I wasn't liking it. He was my toy and I picked him first.

By Talia's gesture, I felt something. A pang of hurt maybe but I brushed the thought by a notion that I just wanted to play with his feelings and didn't want Talia to make him feel any good as it will ruin all the fun.

I knew that I had to say something before this dumbass agrees to go with her. So I interrupted their conversation by saying, "Tal, this is not fair. We had planned to watch a movie with the boys in their dorm room. You can't bail on us now."

As soon as I completed my sentence the boys looked at me with eyes popping out of their circuits. I gestured them to keep their mouth shut and they just nodded in response.

Austin passed me an evil smile and I couldn't understand the reason behind it. Talia placed a frown on her face before getting up and placing her hands on her hips, "Sorry Rex. I can't cancel on them tonight. But you will be there with us in the room right? Like for the movie?"

Rex's POV:

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't go to April's room and neither do I have any friends yet to spend a night in their dorm room.

I knew I was helpless and I had to stay with them. I just passed her a smile indicating that I will be there.

It was around 9 when I heard banging on the door. I was listening to the soft music playing on the bluetooth while relaxing my mind.

I quickly paused the music and looked at myself in the mirror straightening my T-shirt before opening the door. As soon as I opened the door I saw the entire 6- Pack group in front of me carrying pizza boxes, beer bottles and cigarette boxes.

Austin pushed me aside and rested on his bed with Rebekah sitting besides him. Talia made her way straight to me and this made me inch backwards which caused me to hit a wall.

She chuckled and sat on my bed crossing her legs. Stella and Alan took their seat on the ground while Rey fidgeted with the CD's on the table and finally settled on some murder mystery.

They drank the beer and ate pizza while their eyes were still focused on the TV screen. Alan passed me a beer bottle when he took a second bottle from the container which I politely declined.

This made Stella get up from her seat and pause the movie. I looked at them when all of them were staring at me as if I just committed a crime.

"What?", I asked them nervously. Rey came closer to me with a bottle of beer which made me get up and hurry towards the door.

Austin held on my collar and before I knew I was lying on the bed while the boys were tackling me so as to not lose hold of me. "Chug, chug, chug", shouted the girls as the boys emptied the entire bottle in my mouth.

They all laughed as they saw me almost puking the liquid on the ground. My eyes were red as I had tears in them.

I looked at Talia who I thought was nicer than the others. She was laughing like a maniac and even challenged Austin to dump another bottle in me.

Everyone was laughing and making fun of me. Except her.

Expect Rebekah. She was having an expression on her face that I couldn't analyse.

A pity one maybe. At that very moment a thought passed my mind that maybe she cared but before it could soak any further she grabbed the bottle of beer from Austin's hand and threw the stinking liquid on my face.

I was bewildered. At this point I couldn't stop the tears in my eyes but they were invisible to the others as my face was completely drenched by the beer.

I opened the door and went straight to April's room and knocked it repeatedly till she opened it. She was talking to someone on the call but as soon as she saw me in that awful state she hung up on the call and invited me inside her room.

I thought for a moment if I should go inside but her next statement made me relax, "My room mate isn't here. She'll be back by 12. Come inside."

Rebekah's POV:

Yes I am sure about what I felt this time. I was hurt to see him suffer.

I never felt this way. I was feeling week.

I wanted to slap Rey for this disgusting idea. I could see the pleading look in his eyes when he saw all of us begging for help.

I knew for a fact that he never drank before and maybe he didn't do it because of some reason. It was definitely wrong of us to deliberately make him drink something of that sort.

I was growing soft for him until when Talia touched me and brought me out from my thoughts. She looked at me with surprise as she saw the look on my face which was nothing like enjoyment.

I couldn't let them know that I was feeling bad for him. I had to keep up with this shitty play of my friends.

And so I took the bottle of beer from Austin's hand and threw the liquid right on his face. He wasn't surely expecting it as he shrieked when the liquid touched his face.

I could see his eyes turning redder and I wanted to tell him to go out of this fucking room before I am forced to do anything more. I hated myself for treating him this way.

But I couldn't understand why? I was the one who always initiated such things and today I was being a spoilsport.

I consoled myself that this was my humanity arising for this stupid, dumb, helpess boy in front of me and nothing else. I hated to feel something that caused this care in my heart for someone whom I don't want to care about.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello lovelies! So Rebekah has finally started feeling something for Rex but how long do you think will she be able to run away from her feelings and will the guilt of doing this to Rex allow her to face him? For all this mystery uncovered, do stay updated to my upcoming chapters. My next update will be on Sunday. Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your friends and family. Bubye💝