Chapter 10

Rebekah's POV:

The next day I woke up when Rey literally sat on my back and started tickling me. I turned around causing him to fall on the ground while grabbing a pillow from under my head.

I threw it aimlessly on the other side and noticed that Austin caught hold of it and threw it back on my face. Seeing all of them at my place made me realize that I was definitely running late.

I took hold of the clock on the table and sighed when I was two hours late. I got up from my bed while rubbing my eyes and asked Rey, "Where's Tal?"

He was just about to answer when the door swings open and Talia was struggling with the cups of coffee and a paper bag which I assumed contained donuts and bretzels. I got up from my bed and hurriedly made my way to the bathroom.

After looking decent enough to not scare Rex, I grabbed my car keys and made my way out before any of them could cause any further delay. As soon as I reached to his room, I found it locked.

Dragging myself back to my car, I noticed that he was sitting with a book on one of the benches in the garden. I jogged towards him and sat next to him while he completely ignored my existence.

I was out of my breath by the time I reached him. When my eyes laid on the bottle next to him I bent to catch hold of it but he stopped me by holding my hand.

At this point our eyes met and I could see nothing but a look of betrayal in his eyes. "Rude", I said while rolling my eyes.

He got up from the bench while carrying his bag on one shoulder and made his way towards the coffee corner. I knew I was the one who spoiled things between us and so it makes me completely responsible to sort things between us.

I walked briskly towards him, my chest puffed in frustation. "Hey listen", I screamed behind him.

When he still avoided me, I ran again to catch up with his speed. "Rebekah, leave me alone. Please", he said still not halting.

He entered the shop and went straight to the Barista to place his order. "Can you just for once listen to me?",I literally screamed at him after getting ignored a multiple times.

He looked at me with big eyes practically embarrassed by all the looks we were receiving. He caught hold of my hand and led me outside the shop near a sycamore tree.

He puffed in annoyance and said, "What's the matter with you? I am sorry if I have offended you in any way. Please stop playing with my emotions every damn time." I listened to him in silence while looking into those blue eyes that showed how disappointed he was with me.

I felt guilty even when I was nowhere at fault. The fear of losing him again lingered in my heart.

I had to make him believe me regardless how difficult it will be. I took a step closer to him which made him hold a breath.

"Rex please for once listen to me. It wasn't me who mixed your juice with I don't know what. Why will I do that when I have been trying so hard to come in your good books. Please believe me please." By this time I had tears in my eyes that I tried so hard to retain.

He pulled out his mobile phone and showed me the video that I was dreading the most. "Do you have any excuse for this Rebekah? I was drunk but you weren't. You could have stopped me from creating such a scene. I am literally too ashamed of my own self for repeating the same thing that I had pledged my mother to never do again."

I was about to tell him what actually happened when he raised his hand to signal me to stop. "I am done with you and your petty games Rebekah. If you have any decent bone left please stay away from me. I beg you."