Chapter 14

Rebekah's POV :

Rey dropped me to my house before assuring for the 100th time that I was fine. After reaching home it seemed as if the walls were poking me at my failed attempt to find love.

I couldn't silence the raging storm in my head. I need to go away from him, from Seattle if I really wanted to get my life back on track.

I had nowhere to go except London, at my grandma's place. I thought of last christmas when I visited her and how happy she was to see me at the door surprising her with our favourite beignets and a golden retriever pup that was my christmas gift for her.

Without a second thought I packed my bags and called Rey to inform him about my getaway. He booked a ticket for me and even insisted to drop me at the airport.

I couldn't say him a no as I wanted to meet him and thank him for being a constant support in this 'Rex situation' that I was facing these days. We bade our farewell wherein he hugged me tightly as if I was leaving Seattle forever and told me to take care of myself.

I nodded my head to all his warnings but my eyes never left the entrance of the airport. My dramatic mind expected a running Rex with flowers in his hand stopping me from catching my flight and apologizing for whatever mess he had created.

This thought made my eyes water and I couldn't deny how much I missed him. After reaching London, I took some beignets from the neighbouring shop.

The flight was real tiresome as I was mostly thinking about exciting events in my head that would never really happen and when my mind realized what a dick he was being to me I got the urge to read something but nothing made me feel better. I had this hollow feeling inside my heart as if I had lost a major part of me.

I knocked on the door and waited impatiently by tapping my foot when a woman with dough on her face opened the door with a spatula in her hand. Her eyes went wide after looking at me and I just smiled at how much I missed that wrinkled but beautiful face.

She hugged me tightly while I sighed dramatically at how she was choking me to death. "How are you here? Am I dreaming?", she said while her eyes looked at me intently.

"Do I need a special event to meet my girlfriend? And no you aren't dreaming and these beignets in my hand will act as a proof", I said while removing one from the bag and pushing it in her mouth. She now had tears in her eyes when she hugged me again, "Oh! I missed you Becca."

I pulled back and while cleaning the dough from her cheek I said, "I missed you too Grandma." "Come inside love. I am making apple and blueberry cupcakes for dessert tonight. Rafael is coming over for dinner", she said while blushing.

Rafael and grandma are dating since a year and he is pretty cool. His youngest son John and I were best of friends when I stayed here in London and we even had plans of marrying each other one day.

That was the baby me wishing to have a perfect life here with my grandmother just inches apart from the house John and I would live in. But we never really got in contact once I moved to Seattle.

I still meet him whenever I come to London. I pulled my luggage inside while I kept my one hand on her shoulder and we walked inside.

"How is the old man?", I asked while dipping my finger in the batter and licking it seductively. She instantly slapped me on the shoulder and said, "He is doing good."

We talked about how things were back in Seattle and what really caused me to come to London. At this I just shrugged casually and tried to convince her that I just wanted to come home.