Chapter 7

April tried some hundred dresses before finalising one for what she called as a first unofficial date with Rey. I laughed at her idea of an unofficial date, in a frat party wherein hundreds of other drunk students will prove to be a part of it.

I had never seen her this crazy and so in love. But I was too afraid that she might get hurt.

I had promised myself that if Rey does anything to break her heart I will beat him to death.

It was around 5:00 when I received a message on my phone from a private number. It read.

Unknown : Hey! Be ready by 7. I am coming to pick you up.

I knew it was Rebekah. God why can't she leave me alone and why is she so hell bent on receiving an apology.

No matter how hard I try to believe her words I just feel it's another game of hers to test my patience. I decided to ignore her message.

But this was Rebekah Williams I was trying to avoid. She won't make it easy for me.

Rebekah's POV :

I had asked Rey to tell April that he will be coming to pick her up so that Rex is left behind and has no choice then to come with me in my car when I ask him to. And so I texted him that I will be picking him up for the party.

Minutes passed but I received no reply. My stupid mind started to overthink that maybe he was avoiding me.

Somewhere I knew that there was a wide possibility of this but still it hurts me to accept it. I then thought of dropping him another text in case the first one went unnoticed but brushed the thought away.

My fingers grew impatient and before I could analyze something I was already dialing his number. He did not pick up my phone and this got me furious.

How can someone not pick up my phone? His stubborn attitude forced me to call him again and again till he finally picked my call after 10 missed calls.

I knew she wouldn't stop calling till the time I didn't answer her and the continous vibration kept me from focusing on the novel I was reading so I decided to answer the call anyway.

Me : Hey!
Rebekah : What's wrong with you? Can't you hear the phone ringing?
Me : Umm...sorry I was busy reading a novel so I was unable to notice it.
Rebekah : Whatever. I am coming to pick you up at 7. Be ready. Bye!

Before I could even answer her she hung up the call. I internally groaned as to why was I on her black list out of all the people in this college.

I cursed myself for not having my own car. I knew I soon had to start working so that I could get a second hand car which deprives me of the amazing opportunity to drive with Rebekah.

Oh my god. This was going to be tough.

I was about to resume reading my journal when there was a slight knock on the door. I walked lazily towards the door and on opening it a guy whom I recognised from one of my classes was standing with a bag in his hand.

He smiled at me and handed me the bag before running away. I shouted at him trying to figure out what the hell just happened but he quickly disappeared from the hall.

I was about to go out looking for him when I found a folded paper in the bag. I quickly took it out trying to find the sender of this bag.

It read:
Hey! It's me again. I just figured out that you might not be having a proper set of clothes to wear for a party as you have never been to one. Consider this as a thankyou gift for coming to the party. I hope you like it. See you soon!