Chapter 22

It took her almost an hour to get ready. She must have tried a million dresses but none seemed to satisfy her.

She then settled on an iridescent sequin bralet and a short co-ord. The crop top clearly highlighted her boobs which made her look quite inviting.

I stared at her while she pulled up her white boots and heated the curling machine to add a finishing look to her already wavy hair. She looked at me through the mirror and raised an eyebrow.

At this I just scratched the back of my head clearly not knowing how to tell her what I was thinking without making her offended. I hesitantly took a step towards her and placed my hands on her waist as she turned to look at me.

"I love what you are wearing. I mean you look too beautiful. I mean not exactly beautiful. Like hot. Like beautiful but hot. You know what I am saying right?" She laughed looking at my uneasiness and placed a kiss on my cheek and said, "Thankyou baby! Is that all?"

I pushed my hands in my pockets and said, "It's just too open. Like it reveals a lot of your skin. But maybe it's fine." I paused for a moment to notice her expressions but she looked at me in amusement.

"But you know what? It's alright! I am just getting a bit overprotective. You look so sexy in this dress that it just makes me want to take you down right now and I was just concerned regarding all the eyeballs that will be stuck on you." I shook my head in an attempt to wither all the jealousy I was feeling at the mere thought of someone seeing her the way I do.

She then hugged me and said, her voice coming out as a whisper, "I completely understand your concern. But are you sure that you are okay with it? I can change if you want to." I quickly parted from the hug to look at her and said, "No! no silly. It's absolutely fine."

She then helped me with my outfit while giving some of her attention to her hair and finally I decided on a grey jeans with white t-shirt paired with a dark blue jacket. I quickly got dressed up while she was still engaged with her hair and makeup.

As soon as I took my glasses to put them back she took them from my hand and passed me a lense case. "I can't do this", I exclaimed nervously.

"Why not? It is the same colour of your eyes. Let me help you with it", she said while pushing me in a chair and sitting on my lap holding the lense case in her hand. It felt a bit uncomfortable first but I was in absolute love with my new look.

I looked better without my glasses and thanks to Rebekah for giving me a chance to acknowledge this. She eyed me up and down while I looked at her nervously with a smile on my face before commenting, "Look at you baby. You look so incredibly handsome. And this makes me remember of the first time when I saw you in something casual when we were going to the frat party. You should wear lenses more often. They make you look more hot."

I bit my lip while shaking my head clearly taking her compliment as an exaggeration. She looked at herself one last time in the mirror before she grabbed her white clutch lying on the bed and turned to me excitedly.

"All ready?", she asked me while grinning like an idiot. I walked towards her and quickly pecked her on the lips.

She blushed for a moment before holding on my arm and making our way out .

Rebekah's POV:

"I will really miss her Rex and did you see how she tried to hide those tears that were threatening to fall down her cheeks", I said while blowing into the tissue. Rex placed his palm on my thigh and pressed it gently while focusing on the road ahead.

"She will be fine. It's good that you called Rafael to accompany her till we get back. And don't worry, she is a strong lady. She has always managed on her own and she will for sure, this time also." I looked at him and he passed me a small smile reassuring me that things will be fine.