Chapter 16

Rebekah's POV :

All the colour from my face had disappeared after seeing Robert. I stepped back from the door.

My grandmother tried to hold me but I just stopped her. I quickly went inside the house and sat on one of the dining chairs.

Was it really happening? Is this all a bad dream?

Was Robert really here after all these years? I could hear my grandmother screaming at his son to leave the house.

But I knew that sooner or later I will have to deal with it. I can't keep running from this no matter how hard I want to.

I called my grandmother inside the house and she readily agreed. The next minute my grandmother walked inside the dining room with Robert and Rex trailing behind.

Robert rested his luggage in one of the corners and came towards me. I hated the sight of this man.

He placed his hand on my shoulder but I literally jerked it off. His touch made me feel nauseous.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes and my face was blood red with anger. "Why have you come here after all these years? What else do you need now?", I almost screamed at him.

Before he could answer me I spoke again, "Wait, let me guess. Your whore of a wife left you because she must have realized what a jerk you are." He looked at me and for a moment I thought I saw guilt flashing through his eyes.

But I was too blown to pay any attention to it. He then took a deep breath before answering, "Becs, you have taken it wrong all this time but I won't blame you for it. Your mother lied to you that I beated her. I would never do that to her because at some point in my life I really loved her. When she got to know that I was having an affair with Julie she couldn't handle it. And at that time you were too young and she was too ill to take care of you. And I loved you Becs so I told her that I would be filing a case for your custody. She couldn't digest this fact because she very well knew that I would win the case as you would get both the love of a mother and a father and I had the capacity to provide you with all the luxuries. Her anger drived her to lie to you and your grandmother and it pains me to see that you'll did believe her. This was her payback to me for trying to take you away from her. She literally filled hate in your heart for me which is so deep that I am unable to see the sweet Rebekah who once loved her dad beneath it."

He looked at me with the most honest eyes. He was almost in tears and I could see his lips quivering.

I was in utter shock. What the hell did he just say?

I just laughed loudly as if it was too funny and said back sarcastically, "Oh really? Do you consider me a fool to believe this story of yours? And even if I were to believe it give me one good reason as to where were you all these years? Didn't you ever feel the need to call me once to just see if I was even fucking alive? You left me and grandma all to ourselves and then one fine day you come back wanting to be a part of our lives. Well guess what? We don't need you. So get lost and do one favour on us. Never ever return back." Robert looked at grandma and then back at me.

I was about to say something else when I saw that he was still standing in the room when suddenly we heard the doorbell ringing. My grandma wiped her tears quickly before leaving the room to open the door.

After a minute she entered the room with a tensed Rafael holding her by her shoulders and a very panicked John who straightaway came towards me and looked confusingly at Rex. "Who the hell is he?", he asked me while eyeing Rex.

"Who the hell are you?", Rex asked him while his eyes widened. "Can you two please stop it?", I bursted out again.

I then looked at Robert who looked at me with moist eyes, the one that begged for my forgiveness. I folded my hands and then with the most rude tone I said again, "What do you need Robert? Don't you get it when I said it earlier. Neither grandma nor I require you in our lives. We are happy without you in it and I would love to keep it that way. So pick your luggage and just go. Please."

By this point I was literally sobbing. My mascara was all over my face and by the way John looked at me I was sure that I looked like a mess.

After listening to the absolute insults I was throwing on his face, Robert finally decided to leave my house in an attempt to save the last of his self-respect. He walked by the hall but stopped midway and looked back before saying, "Becs I know that I have disappointed you enough and I know that I cannot be forgiven for what I have done. I just want you to know that I love you and that I need you. Please believe me when I say that I am not lying. Give me one last chance to show you that I can be a deserving father and I assure you that you won't regret it. I love you."

And with that he left. I fell on my knees sobbing with my hands on my face. John sat on the ground next to me and hugged me tightly.

I could see Rex standing behind John uncomfortably making his way towards me. I pushed myself away from John's arms and got up from the floor.

I looked at Rex and made my way towards my room. Rex called behind me, "Hey wait. You all right?"

I looked at him angrily and my voice came out too harsh to hear, "What were you thinking when you decided to bring him here? Do you see this as some sort of game? And that voicemail? Now I understand that all of this was your plot to hurt me first and then act as if you care. You know what Rex? I feel sorry for myself for loving you. I even regret meeting you in the first place. Please go. Please. Whatever we had, I am done with you." I ran up the stairs wiping the tears falling from my eyes.

Rex's POV:

Did she just say that she loves me? Well loved me to be precise.

I didn't expect her confession to be this way. She thinks that I was here in London to just plot against her, to just hurt her.

Does she really think so small of me or she just said it because she is angry to see her dad along with me. Whatever it is I decided that I won't leave London or her until she heard my part of the story.

Still if she has the same opinion about me I will never disturb her again. Standing with my luggage in my hand I looked at her grandmother who glanced at me with pity.

I just smiled at her and asked her, "Can I just sit here till the time she cools down and, decides to talk to me?" She just nodded in response and left the room.

The boy who just bursted in the room amidst the fight looked at me angrily before leaving the room. I took out my phone and called April.

I really didn't know what I should do next. I came to London to tell Becca that I like her and here I am being someone whom she apparently hates.

I didn't even realize when the tables turned. Why does everytime when we start bonding together something shit happens between us and we end up abandoning each other?

What is it that we aren't doing right? I was forced to break the chain of my thoughts when April picked up the phone.

"Hey, what's up? Did you reach safely?", she asked sounding worried. I got up from the chair and went towards the window before answering, "Yeah, I have reached but nothing is fine."

She asked me to explain everything clearly. I looked at the distant city lights and the honking cars on the road before saying, "She confessed that she loves me but added that she regrets it. She considers meeting me a mistake. I ruined things again April. I don't have any clues as to what I should do to make her forgive me. She isn't even ready to talk to me."

I could practically see April rubbing her temples before she sighed and replied, "Rex, listen to me. I don't know what you have done but trust me it will be all fine. Give her some time to cool her jets and I promise you she will come around. Don't lose hope. You love her and don't come back to Seattle before telling her this. I want to see you'll together the next time you are here. I love you and take care of yourself." I just smiled at her words before keeping the call.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! So here is today's update. I hope you guys like it. My next update will be on Monday. Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your friends and family. I love you'll so much. Have a nice weekend!❤