Chapter 19

Rebekah's POV :

I then drove to the one and only Buckingham Palace. I parked my car to a far end and unbuckled my seat belt to step out.

Rex held my hand while we walked through the Green Park to catch a glimpse of the palace. "Have you ever felt to live here for just like a day?", Rex asked me while he looked at the ground watching his own steps.

I chuckled a bit before answering, "Who hasn't? Every person who see's the palace thinks that even if it is just for a minute. I remember my first visit to the palace. I hopped all along the way excitedly and when the palace was at a clear view I just stood there staring at it. And when we went inside the palace to see the part which is allowed to visitors, trust me, I didn't want to leave. I literally held my grandma's leg pleading her to stay there for just a bit longer. And I guess this is the reason why she never brought me here again." At this Rex smiled a bit whilst looking at me.

At this point we reached the entrance of the palace and I looked at him and asked, "Do you want to go inside?" "No I don't want to. Let's go and sit somewhere. The weather is good and I don't want to miss it", he said while holding my hand tightly.

We walked back to the car and after getting seated he asked me, "Where we up to now?" "Well, you want to sit somewhere so let's go to Hyde Park first. Then we will resume with the rest of the places", I said while looking in the rear view mirror.

He placed his hand upon mine which was controlling the gear and said, "Becs you do realize that London has a lot of breath taking places and we can't visit all of them in a single day, right?" I looked at him for a second before paying attention on the road and said, "Yeah I know that and it isn't comforting to hear this when I am literally trying to make the most of this day. So zip up and just enjoy!"

He just smiled at my words before looking out of the window. After reaching the park we sat on one of the benches inhaling the scent of the roses which filled the air.

"Why did you come to Seattle when London has the finest schools in the world?", he asked me out of the blue. It took me a second to answer his question.

"Ummm... I did not leave London in good circumstances. It was when my mother died. I needed to go out and meet some new people because my life really haunted me then. And my father didn't help me with it. I used to always think that he really dislikes me because even when all the other parents used to gather at school for their child's Sports day and other events, he never showed up. I was in my school's volleyball team but my father was so obsessed with his own life that he never paid attention to mine", I said while fidgeting with my fingers. He pushed his arm around me and scooted me closer.

I inhaled in his scent and it made me calm. He then said, " I was 10 when my sister broke my favourite toy. But she lied to me that it was April who did it. She was younger to me and so she got frightened that I might get angry on her. And this is exactly what happened but not with my sister but with April. My ten year old self pledged that I would never talk to her again. April came to my house one day and told me that it wasn't her who broke it. But I was too angry to even listen to her. Then one day, my sister felt real guilty when she saw that I wasn't talking to April because of her. So she accepted the truth in front of me."

I raised an eyebrow for him to conclude the story. He then turned me to face him and placed his hands on both my shoulders and added, "You see Becs, the fear of losing people is the greatest fear of all. It makes us do things that we know is wrong but we do it anyway to hold on to that one person. Just think about it for a minute. Maybe your dad is right. Maybe your mom really lied to you because you were all she had and this made her go to the extremes. Everyone deserves a chance Becca and no one knows this better than you. You can do better than this Becs. Let go of the hatred and focus on the good in front of you."