Chapter 33

Rex's POV:

It was the big day. I knew from the very start that Becca will go to the prom with me still I tried to make the promposal as grand as I could.

I had my suit ready and I got it in a shade that would match with Rebekah’s dress which her dad gave her the last time he came to Seattle to visit us. I got a Kingston Claret Red slim suit because when I tried it in the showroom for the first time I couldn’t take my eyes off it.

I tried many more suits after that but none caught my attention the way it did. Rey had finalised on a royal blue and black custom dinner jacket and pants.

It was actually April’s gift to him when they completed six months of their relationship. Austin wasn’t attending the prom as he was in Malibu with his parents for the opening ceremony of his father’s new business unit.

Alan, on the other hand, had decided to wear a black slim fit dinner suit. He wasn’t really interested to attend the prom but was doing it for Stella as she was excited to enjoy the best part of high school with her girlfriends.

It was 6:00 p.m. already and I had to meet Becca at 7:00 sharp. I decided to take a shower after the workout that I was forced to do by Rey.

He is really making me focus on my physique these days. After taking a shower, I put on the suit and paired it with burgundy loafers.

I applied some gel on my hair to keep them intact throughout the night and slicked them neatly backwards. I removed my glasses and put on the lenses that I was used to wearing from the past one year.

Thanks to Rebekah for knocking some fashion sense into the nerd I was. I looked in the mirror and I was quite satisfied with the way the entire look had turned out to be.

I still had ten minutes before leaving my place to pick Rebekah for the prom. I sat on the edge of my bed and called Shane.

He was that person who was managing the details of the surprise that I had planned for Rebekah after the prom. I knew this was probably the last time we could enjoy together before we both leave for college.

After getting to know that everything was arranged as per the plan, I took my wallet which was lying on the bed and made my way out of my room to pick my prom date. I messaged her once I was in the driveway of her building.

Minutes later, I got a reply from her saying that she will be there in a minute. I felt nervous while I waited for her impatiently while tapping my foot on the car floor.

Although the weather was cold outside, my palms were sweating and I could feel small water droplets forming on my forehead. Just then I saw her walking towards the car while she flipped her hair to her right shoulder and I swear my heart stopped for a second.

She was wearing a burgundy coloured mermaid lace dress that had a V-neck and a sweep lace train. She had braided the left side of her hair and had tied them up in a messy low ponytail.

Her makeup was minimal but it still highlighted her perfect nose and  those sharpened cheekbones. She looked like an angel who had just stepped down from heaven to grace the earthlings with just a glance of the breath taking beauty she was.

I stepped down from the car and hugged her immediately. “How do you manage to look so pretty always? What great work have I done to get a girlfriend who is so goddamn pretty that it makes me want to be better for her?”, I said while looking at her eyes that were looking more hypnotizing because of the different colour lenses that she had tried.

She blushed before kissing me on my lips and then she said, “This colour suits you baby! I wish I could go back to the apartment right now and discover the feast that lies beyond this blazer.” I could feel the heat igniting in all the wrong parts of my body and I just bit my lip before opening the car door for her.