Chapter 23

[Jennie's POV]

I woke up and rolled to bed only to realize she's no longer beside me.

"Lisa? Love?" I called out as I was scanning the room for any signs of her, there's none. But one thing caught my attention, there is a glass of orange juice and freshly picked daisies on the bed-side table with a note on it:

Jennie,

Good morning, gorg.
I'm trying to be a good lover so I'm kinda trying out the kitchen duties. Come meet me at the kitchen baby.

I love you.

Love,
Lisa

I smiled at the thought of her doing some kitchen experiment

I smiled at the thought of her doing some kitchen experiment. Not that I don't think she can do it but knowing her life, she's never been into that.

I prepped myself and headed towards the kitchen where I saw her staring blankly over nowhere.

"Love?" I called out returning her back to her senses.

"Yaaah! Why did you wake up so early" she pouted and started to panic. I noticed that she's watching a cooking show and tries to copy it.

"Wow, so you're trying to cook?" I asked, not minding her question. Hello, it's 10:00 in the morning already.

"Yea. But I don't think I can even make it" she pouted once more. I pinched her cheeks and grabbed the apron near me.

"You know it is really not your duty to do, let me do my job" her eyes widened as I take over the kitchen duties.

"You mean ---"

"I meant that you don't really have to do this for me because it is what I should be doing for you" I cut her off.

"You're really sweet. But I just tried to do something sweet for you" she huffed in the bar stool nearby and I just chuckled while watching me. "Okay, I just realized I love what I'm doing right now. It's best when I see you this way, like I'm just seeing my future with you as my wife".

 It's best when I see you this way, like I'm just seeing my future with you as my wife"