Test run

It had been a few weeks, Tony started creating designs for a armoured suit. It was fit for one person and it was going to have the ability to fly.

"Sir, how is this going to find Victoria?" JARVIS asked.

"I am going to put an enhanced scanner in this suit, controlled by you, and we are going to fly all over the world until we find her." Tony replied.

"But Sir, what will you do when you find her?" JARVIS asked.

"I'll bring her home." Tony replied instantly.

Tony started to build pieces of the armor. The "shoes" were what he was working on with "Butterfingers" and "Dumb-E", other robots that helped him in his lab. He put them on and they clamped down.

He then started working on the arm pieces. He put them around his arms when Pepper walked down the stairs to Tony's lab. She saw him with the arm piece and opened the door to his lab.

"Tony, I thought that you said that you were done making weapons." Pepper said.

"This isn't a weapon it's a flight stabilizer, it's completely harmless." Tony said.

He fired it up and it shot a blast, it destroyed it's unexpected target with a loud bang. It shot Tony back with a blast of air. Pepper covered her ears and eyes. Once she saw the hole in the wall she sighed and walked towards Tony.

"Tony, you need to focus on the company. Yes, I know you care about Victoria very much but you need to let the police find her, the FBI or CIA. You have more important things to do." Pepper said.

"Nothing else matters besides Victoria and the police and FBI are doing absolutely nothing about it. I can't find a single file in their database that signals towards finding Victoria." Tony replied.

"You hacked into the FBI?" Pepper asked.

"Yes I hacked into the FBI. I needed to know what they were doing and they weren't doing anything so I have to do something." Tony responded.

"Tony, this is not your fight." Pepper tried to convince him.

"No, you don't understand Pepper. It is my fight... because it's my fault. I told her to come here when she would have been perfectly fine with being at the press conference with me. And since I sent her here she is now gone." Tony explained in a very tense voice.

"Tony, I-" Pepper started.

She paused in the middle of her talking and sighed.

"Okay, I will work on the crap going on about the company. You can stay here and work on whatever this is that you are doing." Pepper said in a surrendering motion.

Tony smiled and nodded his head in Pepper's direction. She playfully rolled her eyes and turned around and walked to the door.

"Thank you Ms. Potts!" Tony called.

"You're welcome Mr. Stark." Pepper replied.

Tony grabbed the rest of his gear and started flight tests.

Time jump!!--------------------------------------

Tony was finishing up the last touches to his suit and screwing the last screws into his arm piece, which was now painted gold and hot rod red. He turned on the TV and saw reports of the terrorist group that kidnapped him pillaging a small town in Afghanistan.

Tony glared at the TV and intensely tightened the screw. All he could think about was Victoria, she had been gone for weeks now. And this news report wasn't making him feel any better. The blood was boiling in his veins as his mind dwelled on two awful thoughts.

"Almost done." Tony said to himself.

With a last twist of his screw driver he finished the arm piece. He stood up and walked to his counter. He could almost hear Victoria's voice in his head.

"Tony, if you can do something to help then do it."

Tony raised his arm so that it was perpendicular to his chest. He fired up the arm piece and it shot a blast at the TV. His arm swung back and he took a step back. He then turned around and shot a blast at some glass walls that protected the entrance to his workshop.

"JARVIS! Button me up." Tony said.

He walked onto a platform in which tons of robotic arms came out. They were each holding pieces of the suit. The arms assembled the suit together on Tony.

"Sir, what are you thinking?" JARVIS asked.

"I am going to Afghanistan to help out." Tony replied.

"Why?" JARVIS asked.

"Because, I have the ability to help and if I don't who will?" Tony said.

"Sir, is this you speaking or is it Victoria?" JARVIS asked.

Tony paused and turned on his flight repulsers.

"Both of us, and it will be just like a...test run." Tony said.