Secrets have Secrets

Tony and Victoria were working on an algorithm to track the cube, the Tesseract. Doctor Banner was analyzing the scepter with a special type of radiation detector.

"Yeah these gamma readings are definitely consistent with Celvic's reports on the Tesseract, but it will take weeks to process." Doctor Banner said.

"Proportionally, our detector is ready to trace the gamma wave signature that you program into our new algorithm, with the right coding we should be able to track the cube within a couple hours from when you program in the gamma signature Bruce-oh I mean Doctor Banner." Victoria said.

"Bruce is fine Ms. Lockhart, and all I packed was a toothbrush." He said.

Victoria giggled and continued to work on the algorithm for the gamma trace. When she saw that Bruce was looking away she started to work her hacking magic.

"Hey you should come over to Stark Tower, about ten levels of just pure lab and technology. You'd love it it's Candy Land." Tony said.

He walked over to Bruce, he looked down and grabbed a long sharp thin metal tool. Victoria read Tony's mind and started to get nervous.

She quickly put the finishing touches to her hacking virus then walked over to Tony. She looked at him with the eyes of, "What in the heck are you thinking!" Tony shrugged her concern off and continued.

"Thanks but the last time I was in New York I kind of...broke...Harlem." Bruce replied.

"Oh, well I promise it's a calm stress free environment, no tension, no surprises." Tony said.

Tony poked Bruce in the side.

"Tony!?" Victoria exclaimed.

"Ow!" Bruce yelped.

Tony looked Bruce in the eyes. Victoria walked over right next to Tony and firmly put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey!" Steve exclaimed from outside of the lab.

"Nothing?" Tony asked Bruce.

"Are you nuts!?" Steve said as he walked towards Tony with haste.

"Jury's out." Tony replied.

He turned and looked at Victoria who's eyes were white and he raised his eyebrow. She had a very scary determination in her eyes. Tony was looking into the eyes of pure and sudden death. He shook it off and looked back at Bruce.

"Wow you really got a lid on it. What's your secret? Mellow Jazz? Bongo drums? Yoga?-" Tony was cut off by Steve.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked.

"Funny things are." Tony replied.

Victoria slapped her face in frustration and in embarrassment.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship is not funny, no offense." Steve said to Bruce.

"None taken." Bruce said.

Victoria eyes turned back to normal and she walked over to Bruce and put her hand on his shoulder after she almost broke Tony's.

"Are you okay Bruce?" Victoria asked gently.

"Yeah, I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce replied.

Tony started to walk away to his own station.

"You're tip-toeing big man, you need to strut." Tony said.

"Tony, I think that Steve has a point. I don't think that aggravating Bruce is the best thing to do right now." Victoria said.

Tony sighed.