The Avengers are Born

Tony flew all the way to New York and then up to the top of Stark Tower. He saw that Doctor Eric Celvic had the machine, which was housings the Tesseract, up and running.

"Sir, I have already shut down the arc reactor, yet the machine is fully operational." JARVIS said.

Tony grunted. He flew up close, but still at a safe distance, just in case anything were to happen.

"Shut it down Celvic!" Tony exclaimed.

"You can't! There's no stopping it!" Eric paused. "He wants to show us something! A better universe." Eric concluded.

Tony rolled his eyes and held his hands up towards the machine.

"Okay." He said with an obvious uninterested tone.

He shot at the machine. It hit an invisible pure energy force field that was surrounding the Tesseract. It created a shock wave that flung Eric back and pushed Tony back only a few inches.

"Sir, there is a barricade of pure energy surrounded the tesseract, it is unbreachable." JARVIS said.

"Yeah, got that..." Tony looked down and saw Loki standing on the balcony of Stark Tower. "...time for plan B." Tony concluded.

"Sir, Mark 7 is not ready for departure." JARVIS said.

"Then skip the spinning rims we're on the clock." Tony said

Tony flew over the landing platform. He dropped down and walked down the path. Again, the robotic arms disassembled the suit off if Tony's body. Loki walked inside as well, following Tony.

"Have you come to surrender?" Loki asked.

"No, I have come to threaten you." Tony said as he walked further into the room.

"You should have left your suit on for that." Loki said.

"Yeah." Tony said with a fake laugh in his voice.

Loki turned and looked out of one of the windows, out over the city.

"They are coming there is no stopping it now." Loki said.

"You're gonna lose." Tony said.

Loki turned back to Tony with genuine confusion in his eyes.

"Your heroes are scattered, your flying ship falls from the sky, what do I have to fear?" Loki asked.

"The Avengers." Tony replied calmly.

Loki was again, genuinely confused. Tony rolled his eyes.

"That's what we call ourselves, "Earth's mightiest Heroes" that sort of thing." Tony said.

"Ah yes, I've met them." Loki said.

Tony walked to a counter that was blocked by a small barrier, so that Loki couldn't see what he was doing on the counter. He grabbed a metal bracelet and put it on his right wrist, right below his watch. He started ranting about his little pet names for his teammates.

"I have an army." Loki said.

"We have a Hulk." Tony replied.

"I thought that the beast had wondered off?" Loki asked.

"No, you see it doesn't matter. There is no version of this where you end up on top, because if we can't protect the earth you can be dang well sure that we'll avenge it." Tony said.

He walked completely around the counter to Loki. Loki walked closer to him and smiled.

"How can they pay attention to me, when their so busy fighting you?" Loki asked.