My one Regret

Being screamed at by aliens wasn't very comforting but being together with the rest of the Avengers was. Suddenly about four more of those flying worm things came through the portal. Steve turned to the team and everyone looked at him.

"Okay here's the plan, Stark I want you up top anything gets past the perimeter you turn it back or you turn it to ash. Clint I want you on top of buildings. Thor I want you to slow the opening to that portal as much as you can, light em up." Steve said.

"Sure, need a lift?" Tony asked Clint.

"Sure." Clint replied.

"Better clench up Legolas." Victoria said.

Tony smiled from behind his mask. He walked over to Clint and grabbed his suit and then flew into the air.

"Victoria, Natasha you two stay on the ground with me. And Hulk..." The Hulk looked at Steve. "... smash!" Steve concluded.

The Hulk smiled and jumped onto different buildings smashing every alien that he saw. Another worm thing flew towards them. Victoria raised her hands up and the creature tore in half and part of it fell on a tall building, the other part flew into the ocean. She turned to Steve and smiled.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Natasha asked.

"I'm guessing that it was Tony." Steve said.

Victoria nodded then her eyes faltered from his gaze, with a twirl of her fingers an alien's blast, from his gun, stopped in mid air. It was about to hit Steve from behind. Steve turned around and saw the alien. He went around the blast and he broke the alien's neck.

Time passed and the fighting was getting really intense. Everyone was tired but they all kept fighting. Natasha almost shot Steve when he accidentally snuck up behind her. She eventually grabbed onto one of the alien's hover crafts and was heading towards Stark Tower. Victoria hadn't heard anything from Tony, but she did see him flying over the streets, so he seemed to be fine. Suddenly she saw Tony shift his position and he started flying out of the city.

"What?" Victoria said.

Tony had just gotten a message from Nick and he said that a missile was heading straight for the city. Tony knew that he was the only one capable of getting that missile in time.

"Guys, I can close it. I can close the portal. Does anybody copy?" Natasha asked through the com link.

"Do it!" Steve exclaimed.

"No wait." Tony said.

"Tony these things are still coming." Victoria said.

"I've got a missile coming in, it's going to blow in a couple minutes..." Tony paused for less than a second. "...and I know just where to put it." Tony said.

He grabbed the missile and started directing it to Stark Tower. Victoria clicked the button on her neck and then put the dots together, she put her hands over her mouth and started to cry.

"Stark, you know that's a one way trip." Steve said.

A single tear fell from Tony's right eye. He didn't respond, he started tilting the missile upwards. He was going to fly it into the portal.

"Victoria? Are you there?" Tony asked.

"Yes." Victoria could barely choke out words.

"I'm sorry, I know that you didn't want this to happen and I know that I said that I would never leave you...but I guess that, this is it. Baby, I don't think that I'll be coming back this time." Tony said.

Victoria fell to her knees and everything around her started to rise. Steve looked down and Thor put his hand on her shoulder.

"Honey, Victoria...I only have one regret." Tony paused. "I regret that I never married you. I thought about it everyday after the Expo. I just never got the courage to propose to you." Tony explained.