12: It's Not About You

Dim phone light shines on Blake's face as she scrolls through twitter, the clock inching closer to midnight. Her family--parents and her older sister, along with said sisters girlfriend--have long been asleep, always early to bed, so it left her to some quiet time at home every night while they snored.

Curiously, her phone goes off with messages from Ethan. They've texted a few times over break so far, but nothing serious. The first thing from him is a picture, just a shirtless selfie showing off his shoulders and collarbones, stubble littering his face and his hair unstyled.

Ethan: so fucking bored
Ethan: wish u were here chérie
Blake: have you considered: going to bed
Ethan: ew why do that when i can just stay up and text you
Blake: what if I wanted to go to bed
Ethan: too bad
Ethan: come to nj for a couple of days and hangout or something
Blake: yeah let me just pack a bag
Ethan: hey it's after midnight
Ethan: im 22 :)
Blake: I know
Ethan: you know? not even a happy birthday?
Ethan: damn can't even get birthday sex bc we're too far away
Ethan: chérie where'd you go

He huffs when he doesn't get another text back. She hasn't opened them, so it's possible Blake just fell asleep, but he's still upset about it. He's missed talking to her.

Both being busy at home with their families, they haven't spoken much. Ethan's kind of been worried that if they didn't talk more before they got back to campus, that Blake would want to stay just friends. Selfish, definitely. But he worked so hard getting her attention, sleeping with her once wasn't enough... and he wants more. He fears that they've done too much to stay just friends now, that they'd drift if that's what she wants.

Just as he's talking to his brother, his phone buzzes again. She wasn't asleep--but she was taking a picture for him. Ethan chokes when he opens it.

It's of her, lying in bed with nothing on but a pair of panties halfway down her thighs.

Blake angled it from above, of course with her face half cut out. Not that he was focusing on that anyway. She's lightly pinching one of her own nipples, a sultry smile on her lips, giving him full view of almost everything.

Blake: happy birthday
Ethan: holy fucking shit blake
Ethan: im
Ethan: grayson is right next to me at least give me a WARNING next time
Blake: that's not as fun
Ethan: you're so hot i just wanna bury my dick inside of you and make you scream my name
Blake: wish you were here stretching me out with your cock
Blake: Wanna suck on your fingers while you fuck me until I can't walk <3
Ethan: oh you're so fuckin nasty i can't wait until we're back on campus
Ethan: you're coming over when we get back and im fucking you for the whole weekend before class starts
Blake: hmmm, we'll see Dolan ;)

She laughs to herself as she gets dressed again, her phone still buzzing with dirty texts from Ethan. Afterward, she creeps downstairs to make herself a small snack. Truthfully, sexting does nothing for her, but it's always fun getting a reaction from guys, seeing how into it they get.

When Blake sent the picture, Grayson was milliseconds away from seeing it. Ethan immediately left the house and is now sitting in the car, horny, but intrigued by her texts. Has she made up her mind already? Are they officially friends with benefits?

The label feels weird, it doesn't truly matter, he just needs confirmation that what happened after finals wasn't just a one time thing.

Blake: how long until we're back again anyway? 3 more weeks?
Ethan: 3 long weeks chérie.