14: Trapped in Paradise

"Chérie, I think we're stuck."

Blake gapes at Ethan, shaking her head. "No, we can't be stuck. It has to move."

She shoves her shoulder into it, pushing as hard as she can. There's no way they're stuck deep in the caves--they have to be able to get whatever it is out of the way if they try.

It rumbles slightly, but doesn't budge. Blake groans trying to push it more, frustrated with the surface digging into her skin. It feels impossible.

"Fucking help me, Dolan!"

Ethan sighs, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her back. "Blake, you're gonna hurt yourself!"

"But we--" she huffs, letting him pull her away. "We're stuck."

"Yeah, I know," he chuckles, putting her down. "C'mon, there's another tunnel back by the pool. Maybe it leads out of the caves."

He isn't nearly as frustrated as she is. It's annoying, but he doesn't think they're really stuck, they just need to take a detour. Until he knows for sure that they are, he'll try and keep her calm. If they find out they are, then he'll get pissed, and maybe panic a little.

Blake is worried though, and upset that they have to search for a way out. Their friends probably assume they'll come back later, probably wouldn't even bother looking for them for a while.

She frowns, silent as they walk back the other way. Ethan looks to her with a hum, and a split second later has her back pinned against one of the walls. The lantern crashes against the floor, his hot breath fanning over her neck.

"Shouldn't pout so much, chérie," he chuckles, sucking on the skin just below her ear. "Makes me wanna kiss you."

"We have to find a way out," Blake insists, squeezing out from under him. Her breath hitches in her throat, refusing to look him in the eye. Moments like that make her think about him in a way she shouldn't be.

Ethan raises his eyebrows, pulling her back to him again. "What's the rush? Not up for round two?" A gasp slips from her lips as he holds her tightly, one hand on her inner thigh. "You sound like you are. Bet you're fucking dripping already."

"D-Dolan, I'm not--"

"Stuttering? I affect you that much, chérie? You're getting easier every day."

"Seriously, I just wanna get out of here," she sighs, crossing her arms. "Not in the mood, being fucking trapped in the caves and all."

"Yeah, okay," he says, backing off. "Sorry, Blake. Let's find our way out of here."

"It's not about you, I just--" it is about him. If Blake is alone with Ethan for too long, especially if he's being too nice, if they're too close, she can't stop thinking about liking him, and needs to push it away. "I don't like the idea of being trapped. Later?"

Ethan nods, "Yeah, it's cool. Probably not the best time for another round anyway. Sorry for pushing."

His shoulders slump when Blake avoids holding his hand, instead letting it awkwardly fall by his side. Settling into the silence, they finally reach the pool they were at previously. Another smaller tunnel is to the left, but they can still walk side by side. It hopefully leads out, but really it's hard to tell.

Ethan looks at Blake, light barely illuminating her face while they walk. Her lips are pursed, she's staring straight ahead, but she can feel his eyes on her.

"You're gonna walk into the wall if you keep staring."

Her lips quirk upward, the faintest smile on them, though he gets zero eye contact. It reminds him of the first time he roped her into hanging out, and he craves it just as much as he did that day.