22: Electric Fire

Blake ends up at the Kappa Sigma party.

It's not that she really wants to go, but all of her friends do. They'd be damned if they didn't force her to come and hangout. Especially Ava and Lara, who practically dragged her to the frat house while listening to her complain the entire time.

Currently, she's sitting with Seth, Grayson, and Chad while the latter (who was very drunk) tries to convince her to have a drink or shotgun a beer with him, as usual.. Her one condition of coming was that they all told Ethan she was busy and wasn't going to make it, so that she could avoid him all she wanted (and that was easier while sober).

You see, she misses him. She misses him like hell--but she's also pissed at him.

He's been being extra cocky, and annoying, and Blake can't handle it much longer. It's not like that's even new behavior from him, but right now it's amplified, and is much more annoying than endearing and amusing like it used to be. That's what's inhibiting her from really enjoying the party, even if he isn't around just yet.

"Are you really not gonna talk to him?" Grayson asks, raising an eyebrow. "You guys care about each other, right?"

"I don't even wanna talk about him right now, Grayson," she huffs. "He gets on my goddamn nerves."

"I thought you guys were cute together," Seth interjects, giving a shrug of his shoulders. "You're the only one who can get him to shut the fuck up every once in a while. Never seen him actually have feelings for a girl before."

"Plus you're like... super hot, Blake," Chad laughs, making her eyes roll and Seth smack him in the back of the head. "Oh, there he is. Ethan! E!" Blake groans and slips away into the crowd, planning on avoiding him longer. He doesn't see her, but of course, Chad's too drunk to remember what she asked. "We were just talking about you."

"Why?"

"I forget... with Blake though. Where did--?"

"Blake's here?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "Why'd everyone tell me that Blake was busy and couldn't make it?"

Grayson punches Chad in the arm, "Good going, dude."

"You guys have been hiding her from me?" Ethan chuckles and looks around the room. "Imma go find her. Bet she looks hot as hell. Thanks for the heads up!"

"Ethan, wait," his brother groans, grabbing him by the shoulder to pull him back. "You're only pissing her off more, you know that, right? I don't know what you're trying to do, but it's not gonna help you get her back."

"I'm having fun, bro. Not a big deal. Just flirting with her and joking around."

Ethan's walking the other direction before anyone else can interrogate him, looking for Blake. No one else at this party even interests him anymore. He can chat with friends and his brother, but really, he's only been looking forward to seeing her.

When he thought she wasn't coming, he was actually dreading it. Ethan was planning to spend most of the night in his room, away from the commotion because he just didn't care about the party. He only came downstairs to get something to drink--now that he knows Blake made an appearance? His one mission is to find her.

Ethan: chérie
Ethan: blake
Ethan: darling
Ethan: light of my LIFE
Ethan: im not gonna hurt ya
Blake: Should I be worried that you're quoting the shining?
Ethan: you didn't let me finish my sentence
Ethan: ok im done where are you
Ethan: i KNOW that you're here chad let it slip
Ethan: this is the first time you've answered my texts all week stop hiding from me
Ethan: your read receipts are still on