18: Again and Again

Rough hands gripping hips hard enough to bruise, Ethan's chest rises and falls erratically. Blake grips his biceps, nails digging into flesh, resting her face in the crook of his neck and not moving, stalling the bounce of her hips.

Bodies sticking together, they pull apart after coming down with lazy smiles. "Chérie, I'm bleeding."

She looks to the small bit of blood surfacing on his arms from her nails and shrugs. "And I'm probably gonna have bruises from you. We'll live." He stretches with a dark chuckle, pressing his fingertips into the red spots on her hips again with a hum. "You want a picture this time?"

"Mm-mm. Took a few while you were riding me, remember?"

"Right," Blake snorts, unclipping her hair and letting it fall to her shoulders before standing to get dressed. She pulls on some shorts and a tank top, climbing back into her bed.

Ethan gets dressed again too, grabbing his phone to check the time. "Alright, I'm gonna get going?"

"What?" She laughs while he reaches for his shoes. "You're joking, right, Dolan?"

"No, sorry," he says, stopping to answer a text. "I told you I'd probably need a rain-check tonight, didn't I?"

Earlier in the day, she did receive a text from Ethan saying some stuff came up and he probably couldn't make it tonight. They had casual plans to cook something and watch movies, so it was easy to reschedule, but then he showed up anyway.

He only hung out for a few minutes before dragging her toward her bedroom, both of them doing their best to be quiet since Lara was home. Now he's getting ready to leave? Ethan's been here for 45 minutes, tops.

Blake can't hide the confusion and irritation on her face, her lips pursing and eyebrows coming down over her eyes. "You did say that. I figured you worked it out when you showed up at my door."

"Nah, got some important pledge stuff. Mandatory. I had a bit of time to stop in and see you for a few minutes first," he grins, sending her a wink. "Definitely needed to relax before I go deal with them, y'know?"

"Not really, no."

"I've really gotta go, chérie, but I'll catch you tomorrow?" He asks, leaning over to try and kiss her. Instead of allowing him, Blake pushes a finger against his lips. "So no kiss?"

"You showed up after canceling plans just to get your dick wet?" Blake sighs, crossing her arms. "Not exactly a cool thing to do, Dolan."

"I'm... sorry? I still wanted to see you, and this was better than not seeing you at all," Ethan pouts and reaches for her hand, kissing her knuckles. "I really gotta go, but I'll text you?"

"Yeah, have fun. Good luck," she nods. She gives in and plants a quick peck on his lips before watching him rush out of her bedroom.

Ethan knows she isn't really a fan of being treated as a booty call, and yet he still shows up just to get laid and then rushes to leave right afterward. She didn't even get five whole minutes to talk to him before he was gone.

Of course, Ethan doesn't really get it, because that's one of his favorite ways to spend time with Blake.

Right now, she's pretty much over it. Ethan isn't doing it to spite her, it's just his slightly skewed way of being thoughtful.

After some time of studying, Blake gets a text asking if she can watch Bo tonight. She agrees almost immediately now that she has no plans, and gets ready to go. In the kitchen, she runs into Lara and Grayson making out.

"Don't fuck on the counter, please," she teases, reaching for her keys. Lara pulls away breathless, grinning, whilst Grayson smiles and waves. "Hey, wait, I thought you guys had some mandatory pledge thing tonight?"