13: Is It Fate?

Due to January temperatures, you'd think an outdoor party where everyone is wearing thin layers and getting wet would be a bad idea. Maybe it is, but that didn't stop it from happening.

The body heat and closeness of everyone is at least keeping people warm in the back of Gamma Theta Pi. The backyard is filled with foam, several feet of it as people dance. Inside is a little calmer, but the party is still raging on.

Ethan approaches Blake with raised brows, seeing her reach for the tequila. "Sure you should be drinking that?"

"I'm not. You are," she grins, spreading a strip of salt on her neck. "You never got to last time."

He doesn't hesitate, no questions as he leans in. His tongue rakes slowly along her neck, savoring the moment before downing the shot and taking the lime from her lips. He sucks the juice from it before spitting it out, kissing Blake.

She hums at the sour taste on his tongue, kissing at his bottom lip. Ethan's hands slide down, squeezing her ass and pulling her body even closer to his.

"Wanna go upstairs? Or back to Kappa... or your place?" He mumbles, hopeful.

Blake kisses his jaw, trailing all the way down to just below his adams apple. "No, here's good for now."

It's the 'for now' that stops him from feeling disappointment, knowing the night is still young. Though, to be fair, it's hard to feel disappointed at all with her lips on his pulse.

Ethan lets out a deep chuckle as she pulls the collar of his shirt down, leaving a few hidden hickies. She's definitely tipsy already, not even stopping her assault when Lara and Grayson appear beside them. They started dating shortly after Blake got them upstairs alone after winter break. So far, things seem to be going well with them.

"Chérie," he coughs, nudging her. "We have company."

"Hey, Lara, Gray," Blake giggles, pulling away, which has Ethan almost wishing the couple didn't wander over. Blake's more than tipsy, that's evident now. It's actually pretty strange for her to drink this much. "What're you guys up to?"

"Here for drinks," Lara says, snatching the tequila. "You let her drink this again?"

"As far as I know, she didn't," Ethan shrugs. He has an arm around her shoulder now, holding her close. "Blake, you good?"

"I'm fine! I'm having fun!" She reassures, her eyes lighting up when she looks at her phone. "Ooh, he's here!"

"Who's here?"

Blake doesn't answer, waving to someone walking closer. She leaves Ethan's side to hug him, making his jaw clench.

Ethan feels his stupid heart thudding in his chest, his eyebrows falling over his eyes without him even realizing it at first. One of his hands grips the counter as the guy she's hugging plants a kiss on her cheek.

"Guys, this is Evans."

"Todd," he corrects with a snort. "Blake refuses to call me anything except my last name."

"Does she?" Ethan asks, crossing his arms tightly. He can't help the tinge of jealousy in his chest, but he can bury it with annoyance. "Nice to meet you, Todd."

His teeth clench, and it's obvious. Grayson steps forward to shake his hand instead, greeting, "Cool to meet you, man. I'm Grayson, this is, uh, my brother Ethan. And this is Lara, my girlfriend."

"Todd Evans... why does that sound familiar?" Lara hums, turning to Blake with wide eyes when it hits her.

"He's one of my friends from high school. From, y'know, after I switched senior year," Blake smiles, grabbing him by the arm. "We reconnected over break while I was home. Isn't it cool he just transferred here? We're gonna go dance in the foam!"