Chapter 3: Looking for a Clue

Yu Xiao brushes off various questions that start coming out inside her, she needs to find her friends first! "Beautiful great wolf, thank you for saving my life. However, I don't see anyone I know here... My friends might still be on top of that waterfall. Can I trouble you to take me there? Maybe someone is still alive so we could make our way out of here and I won't need to bother you any further."

The wolf is amused at the groveling Yu Xiao. I like the way you speak, kid. Fine, I already helped you once so might as well I help you all the way. Follow me.

"Wait.. Beautiful wolf queen"

What?

"I can't walk..."

Don't tell me you want me to carry you?

"..." Yu Xiao feels very embarrassed, but are there any other choices?

The wolf is very unwilling, but it doesn't look like this flimsy human could really move all the way up there. She is so weak and frail, her skin so white and her big sparkling eyes fluttering when she talks. Actually, she looks kinda.. cute?

Can you climb on my back?

The wolf swam towards Yu Xiao and let her climb to her back.

The wolf walks into the forest and climbs uphill. As expected, the path is not even and unsteady, so the wolf often jumps up and down. Yu Xiao has to wrap her slender arms around the wolf's neck and hold it tight for balance.

So warm... Yu Xiao is only wearing inner garments at the moment and it's soaking wet. Luckily it's daytime and the weather is not freezing cold, but the body heat from this giant creature feels really soothing.

"Great one, how come you pulled me out of that river?"

... I just have a feeling that I need to when I saw you.

"A feeling?"

Yes, a feeling.

Yu Xiao thought she was not good with words, but this wolf was even more stingy with words or maybe she is just too lazy to talk to humans? Forget it, all of these are probably just her imagination anyway, but Yu Xiao still couldn't help but appreciate the beauty in front of her. "Well I feel that you are very beautiful. Your move is also elegant and graceful, like a queen."

The wolf feels really satisfied. At least this human kid is polite and knows some gratitude, which is already rare amongst humans. She has lived for so long and never met any human this interesting. Even though her words are exaggerated and sweet like honey, her eyes don't show any malice. If anything, her eyes remind her of some wolf pups she saw before. Her voice is really nice to hear too. Forget it, this kid isn't so bad. Perhaps it is fate that they met here today.

Soon, they arrive on top of the waterfall and continue upstream following the river. They saw more bodies floating in the river and some in the riverbank. More of the men in armor and robes, but this time there are also 3 or 4 men in black clothing, and also bodies of some women in beautiful ancient robes. A little bit up the stream, there is also a crushed carriage and some dead horses. Looking up, it seems that they are at the bottom of a cliff and it looks like the whole entourage fell from above.

Well now I believe you when you said that you fell from the sky. Is that the "plane" you speak about?

"No, no that's not it. A plane should be so much bigger and fit thousands of people, anyway it's not important. What I'm trying to say is, these are not my people" Yu Xiao climbed down from the wolf's bank. She is feeling confused and frustrated. What is going on exactly?

So what are you going to do now? The wolf feels a bit complicated, this child is heavily wounded and could barely move. Soon these bodies will attract wildlife, so she knows that the child won't last until nightfall alone.

"I don't really know" Yu Xiao is also thinking the same thing as the wolf. Why is her body so weak? En? Her arms look smaller than usual, actually, her legs also look shorter and thinner. She gropes around her body and feels a barely existent chest. Where are her boobs? Could it be??

Yu Xiao drags herself towards the river and tries to find her reflection in it.

Hey hey don't drink that water. There are dead bodies in it, alright?

Yu Xiao ignores the wolf and concentrates on the face looking back at her. Small round face, small nose, big limpid eyes, skin so white it looks like you could squeeze water out of it.

Nima, this is not her face!