Chapter 52: New Year Celebration

After a few days of good weather, the sun is warm and bright, the snow and ice are melting, and the Goddess Gorge village is filled with the joy of the new year.

The Li family is no exception. Taking advantage of the good weather for a few days, the Li brothers have begun to prepare for the new year.

Just a few days ago, Zhang Ben was injured because his house has collapsed, and his old kitchen was also overwhelmed by the snow. He is unable to take care of himself. The Li family invited him to stay in the Li family for a while. This time, Zhang Ben have to agree, otherwise no one could help him. Anyway, it's not bad to be taken care of by Li Xiangcao for a while.

Bai Lan asked her husband curiously, "How come his house fall apart anyway?"

Li Yan shrugged and smiled. "Can he has any time to fix it? He has been busy to find a living and earning money for the New Year. Besides, he is not too young, and his house is too old and need to be rebuilt."

"Why would he needs the money anyway?" Bai Lan smiles and think, maybe Zhang Ben's injury is not a bad thing. At least he can get in touch with Li Xiangcao and increase their understanding. If they still can't make it happen, then let it go before it's too late.

"What are you laughing at?" Li Yan's finger traced her slightly raised lips and his mood is also lifted. "You want to match him with Little Aunt?" Li Yan looked at her eyes and guessed her mind.

"Don't you think they are quite fit? Sister Yu and Sister Man think so."

The man is not married, the woman is not married. As long as the intention is there, anything else could be arranged.

---

Li Man didn't imagine that it was going to be a New Year, but it wasn't Li Mo, the patriarch of the house who is busy, but it was Li Hua.

From the 28th day of the twelfth lunar month, some villagers rushed over and took red paper to ask Li Hua to write the Spring Festival couplet.

Li Hua is a rare scholar of Goddess Gorge village, and his writing are quite beautiful and harmonious. As long as the villagers ask him, he will write them carefully.

The Li family does not have too many chores that need Li Hua to do, so most of the time, he just stayed in his room and write Spring Festival couplets for the villagers.

Naturally, the Li family also feels that it is an honor.

It is only in the New Year's Eve that the request are gradually decreasing.

Early in the morning, Li Hua write their own Spring Festival couplets. Then, Li Mo took some of it, and posted it everywhere in the old house. On the new house side, Li Yan and Li Shu are responsible.

Li Hua is finally idle. After half a morning of work, he accompanied Li Man to read in the house.

"Do you really don't want to return to school?" Li Man bit her lip. She didn't want him to leave, but she also hoped that he could do what he wanted to do. She knew that he loved to study.

Li Hua heard her words and smiled. "Can't I read a book at home?"

"But the college is better than here. Besides, if you past the test, you can be an official?" Li Man worried.

Li Hua shakes his head gently. "No, I like to study, but I don't want to take the test."

"Why?" Li Man was puzzled.

"What can I be if I took the test? An official? Trying to be the champion?" Li Hua asked.

Li Man nodded. "Whatever you want, there is nothing wrong with it." Anyway, the family can provide for him now.