Chapter 55: Meet Again

"Mother?"

Yu Xiao oddly feels like the wolf is smiling at her.

Little girl, it's been a while.

"Mother, how did you... I thought..."

The wolf tilted her head towards the spring and said.

Didn't I tell you that this spring is the source of all life around here? Well, once things died, they return to the source.

"Oh." Yu Xiao feels disappointed at this answer. She had a little hope that the wolf has somehow escaped death. But that means...

"Is it mean I'm dead?"

No... not yet. That's why you shouldn't be here, little girl.

Suddenly she remembers, after so much pain and so much pushing, she just gave birth to a child. She hasn't even seen the child yet, so how did she get here?

Is she here because something happened during her delivery?

Behind the wolf, she saw a light from a cave opening, which she didn't remember seeing when the wolf took her here before.

Seeing her line of sight, the wolf said.

That's not where you are going. Don't you want to see your husband and child?

"Is that...?" Afterlife? 

She saw the wolf nodded as if she could understand her thoughts. Yu Xiao could guessed that place is where the wolf stays now.

Let's go. You should go back.

Guessing that she might be between life and death, Yu Xiao took a chance and scoop some water from the spring and drink it before following the wolf.

The wolf chuckled at her action and shakes her head. That's not how it works, you know. But I suppose it won't give you any harm.

"Ah?" Yu Xiao embarassedly lowered her head. Is it because she is not in her body, so the water can't heal her?

The wolf just briefly explained that to magically heal any damage for her body, the rarely seen moon-spirit flower will do the job, like what she had before. This spring water will only give her inner-strength, which will only help her body's self-healing process.

"I see." Yu Xiao smiles self-deprecatedly. It was a shame that the wolf left them so early. If not it would be really amazing if she could teach her or her wolf siblings any of these valuable information.

While the wolf took her to the entrance of the cave, Yu Xiao told her about Xiao Bing and Xiao Xue. The wolf said she knows and looked very content and proud. Before long, they arrived at the entrance. The blinding light from the outside making Yu Xiao feels a bit tranced. She has a feeling that once she stepped to that light, she will return to her family.

Yu Xiao turned around and looked at the wolf, "Mother, will we meet again?"

With a smile in her mouth, the wolf "said". We will see, kid.

Suddenly, there is a bright light in front of her again, and she could hear someone calling her from a distance.

"Yu-er!"

Then she saw Li Mo's face right in front of her. His eyebrows tightened, his eyes are looking at her with a trace of fear and relief.

"She is awake! She is awake!" Yu Xiao could hear the panic and chaos around her.

"The bleeding seems to stop. Oh God, it is okay now."

Yu Xiao tried to speak but found her voice is trembling and very hoarse, "I'm fine... my child?"