Chapter 38: Teenagers Romance

After the lunch, Li Mo, Li Shu, and Li Yan went to send their aunties home. So Yu Xiao and Bai Lan stayed at home to clean up.

After she washed the bowls and went to check up the backyard, Yu Xiao didn't see Li Man anywhere in the house.

"Sister-in-law, I don't see your sister anywhere today."

"Ah that girl, she always woke up so late. But she already ate, then she went to the pond to wash some clothes." Bai Lan was digging through the vegetable garden at this point.

"Ah, I see. Will it be alright?" Yu Xiao really admires this woman. She also only had her wedding night, but she already on her knees digging through soil? Looking at her own condition, she could only walk with difficulties, is it because her body is too young?

Bai Lan can't hear her thoughts, so she misunderstood what she said. She heard some rumors about her sister, Li Man. How she wiggles her hips to seduce men in the village, and so on. She doesn't know how the rumors started, but she thought Yu Xiao also asked her because of this.

"Li Man, that girl, she is actually a very nice girl. Don't believe the rumors. She never go outside alone, when has she has time to seduce men?"

Yu Xiao is shocked by what she just heard.

"Sister, no, that is not what I meant. I mean... It... must be hard for her to wash clothes alone, right? Maybe I should go over there and help?"

"No, no, sister-in-law, you just take it easy today." Bai Lan immediately knows she didn't mean any harm. She also not blind, she could see how this girl struggles so much to move around today. She, herself, also not doing really great, but with their family condition, a bride or whatnot, she can't afford to laze around and do nothing the whole day.

Moreover, she already in pain with Li Yan. Even though the man is tall and sturdy, but he is lean and thin. He is also not much older than she is, and at 18 years old, she is considered a grown-up. But the eldest brother, ah... 

Bai Lan looked at Yu Xiao up and down. At most, the girl is only 15 years old, her body is also so small. Compare to the big brother, age difference aside, their physical difference was too big! She secretly lit a candle for the poor girl. Sure enough, she didn't see wrongly. The eldest brother is simply too scary!

Bai Lan coughed and slowly get up. No matter what, this kind of thing cannot be said out loud. "Anyway, Li Hua and Xiao Wu went with her to the pond, so Li Man should be alright."

Yu Xiao couldn't help but remember the last time she went to the pond to wash clothes. She wonders how that kind aunty doing. She hasn't got any time to visit her all these months, so maybe she should go to her house and say some greetings.

When she was busy thinking, Li Man returned home with a quick stride. She quickly goes to her room and before she closes the door, Bai Lan and Yu Xiao could see how red her face was and there are tears in her eyes.

Bai Lan and Yu Xiao looked at each other. Something is clearly not right. "I thought she went to wash clothes?" Yu Xiao said.

"Yes, ah!" Where is the laundry?

Before they could say anything, Li Hua come home with a basket of clothes in his hand.

"Fourth-brother, what happened with Li Man?"

"Ah? It's nothing. The clothes are heavy so I let her come back first."

"So why is she crying?" Yu Xiao is not blind, is that guilt in this young man's eyes?

"She is crying? Ah?" Li Hua's eyes are looking everywhere but to them. "Maybe dust got to her eyes?"

Yu Xiao squinted her eyes and turn back to look at Bai Lan. Sure enough, her eyes also full of doubts. This teenage boy is really bad at lying.

"Give me the clothes. Sister-in-law..." Yu Xiao quickly grabs the clothes from Li Hua's hand.

"I'll check on her." Fortunately, Bai Lan is around to settle the more troublesome matter. Yu Xiao just need to finish hanging the clothes dry in the backyard. Li Hua is sheepishly stayed with her to help.

"Fourth-brother, I won't ask too much, but did you make the girl cried?"

Li Hua can't even lift up his head when he said, "Little..., ah sister-in-law, it was my fault. But between me and her... I... I don't know."

He doesn't need to finish his sentence, Yu Xiao could guess what is going on.

The female lead halo!

She knows that other than Li Yan, the other brothers and Bai Lan is only a nominal couple at this point, but isn't Li Hua is technically married? 

But he can't help but attracted to the female lead halo, right?

Oh my God.

Then how about the other brothers?

How about... Li Mo?

She suddenly remembers what Bai Lan said earlier, about the rumors. 

Ai... she is only been married for a day and she already had to worry about a fox seducing her husband?? But the fox in question is living with them in the same house!

While she was busy with her thoughts, Li Hua already finished hanging all the clothes. He coughed and making up an excuse to go elsewhere.

---------------------------------

Inside the western room, Bai Lan was trying her best to ask Li Man of what happened.

"It was nothing. A dust got to my eyes." Li Man was sitting on the bed and hugging her legs.

Since she transmigrated, it wasn't easy for her but she was lucky to have this sister to look after her. She was told that they are not really blood-related, but she could feel how much the woman care about her. When she heard about how she married a family of brothers to save her life, she couldn't even express enough gratitude. Now, how could she tell her sister that her 'husband' just kissed her in the middle of the forest?

She thought she could pick up some wild vegetation for their animal to eat, who would have guess she would get eaten instead?

When they went to pick up wild plants in the village, several young girls came to talk to Li Hua. Li Hua tried to brush them off so they run deeper into the forest. However, Li Man's legs are thin and weak, she is not used to the difficult path. She almost fell down but luckily Li Hua caught her.

Who knows what he ate before, but he suddenly looked at her weirdly and suddenly press his soft lips to hers!

"Sister, I'm a bit tired. Let me rest for a while."

Tired? Isn't she just woke up recently?

Bai Lan could see that it is not time for her to press any further. Something must have happened in the pond. She thought how the women in the village usually look at them sideways, especially towards her sister. Li Man might get bullied over there, but didn't want to tell her.

She sighed. "Alright. Rest for a while." She turned away and left the room silently.

After Bai Lan left, Li Man thought about her previous life.

She had always been weak and sickly. Growing up, her parents protected her like a treasure, so she didn't have many friends. In school, when her classmates were having early romance, she was always alone. After graduation, she married a man that her parents introduced to her and they had many years of quiet married life. However, there was one time before when her heart was beating very fast.

Many, many years before, at dusk, on the rooftop of the school building. A clean and picturesque teenager stands alone, looking at the sky, the breeze gently stroked his refreshing short hair, his handsome side face fainted in the sunset. A dim golden light of sunset was dazzlingly beautiful.

The teenage boy was using all his courage to ask her out, but how could her shy teenage self listen to his embarrassing confession? She ran out before he could even finish talking.

Li Man did not expect to see such a similar picture to happen again in this different world.