Chapter 31: A Fool

A few hours later, the sun already set when Li Mo wakes up.

"Yu-er?"

Li Yan and Li Shu were in the room. They immediately got angry to hear her name is still the first thing he called.

"Big brother, things already like this and you're still looking for her?" Li Shu was really close to Yu Xiao, but when having to choose between her and his own brother, of course he will choose his brother.

Li Mo saw that he is in his own room and his brothers are around him. His mind is still hazy but he knows that what he just blurted out had angered his brothers. He closed his eyes and face another way so he doesn't need to see their anger.

Li Yan said to him, "Big brother, think about it. If she cares about you at all, she will be here. But look, it's only us here, your family."

"Umm, Ah Yan." Bai Lan has been listening outside all this time as she thinks it's not appropriate for her to intrude, but she just remembers the woman who came visit earlier that afternoon. 

She whispered to Li Yan, "Miss Yu was here earlier. She said she heard that big brother was injured, so she came with medicinal herbs. Doctor Xu already used the herbs for that bowl medicine there." She pointed at the bowl of medicine on the table.

"She was here?" How long has the brothers looked for her everywhere and can't see her shadows?

"Give me that bowl." Li Mo pushes himself up.

Li Hua knows that he needs to drink the medicine to get better so he quickly fetch the bowl for him.

Li Yan still feels unreconciled, "Still, she was the one that abandoned our family in the first place, abandon big brother until he becomes like this. Even if she brings tons of medicine, can it even heal big brother's broken heart?"

"Big brother." Li Shu quickly added, "We all could see how much you feel for her. Even if she can't accept us to be her husband, but if she has any heart at all she would at least accept you. We brothers have good limbs and could always get another wife."

Li Mo stopped drinking the bitter medicine. "It's not like that." His eyes are red and he said with a lot of difficulties. "That's not what happened."

"Aren't you chasing her all this time? She shouldn't give you any hope if she doesn't like you."

"I said it's not true." Li Mo slammed the bowl on a table. 

For the first time he told them what happened in that forest. The brothers are shocked and immediately went silent.

"So Little Yu didn't look down on us? She actually likes big brother." Li Shu is happy that he didn't misjudge her.

"You are saying that she would promise to marry you, but you didn't agree immediately because of that promise we made to our mother?" Li Yan asked with disbelief.

"En." Li Mo weakly nodded.

"Big brother." Li Hua asked carefully. "During these past few months, have you talked to Little Yu at all?"

"No, I can't find her anywhere. She never came to that clearing in the forest anymore. I tried to find her house, but..."

The brothers now understand what had happened.

"A fool." As usual Li Shu just spouted his thoughts. "Big brother, you are a fool."

Li Hua quickly soften the blow, "Big brother, you should have agreed to her.

"But we promised mother, I can't... "

"Stop it." Li Yan quickly cut his sentence. "Big brother, we won't split our family apart just because we brothers marry a different wife.

Li Hua also comforts him, "Big brother, you already delayed your happiness all these years for us. Do you think our parents will be happy to see you like this?

"No, of course, they won't." Li Shu said. "Our parents will want us to be happy."

Out of nowhere Xiao Wu suddenly said. "Sister Yu came earlier, when she left she seems a bit sad."

The brothers quickly realize that the misunderstanding would get worse unless they could find Yu Xiao immediately and explain. 

Li Yan quickly takes charge, if he let his stupid older brother continues, the situation will go nowhere, "Third brother, tomorrow we go to old man Liu's house. We need to bring a gift to thank him for saving big brother."

Li Hua said, "Second-brother, maybe I go with third-brother. I heard the last time you were there it almost turn into a big fight."

Last time, Li Yan also go to Tangjia village to look for old man Liu. However, they still misunderstood Yu Xiao back then, and after a few unpleasant words from him they almost jumped the old man before people from the village come and separates them.

"You were right. Tomorrow you go."

Outside, Bai Lan finally understands the situation and smiles. 

Actually, she feels happier for herself. She still finds it hard to accept that she needs to marry multiple men, moreover Li Mo really scares her. Unlike Li Yan who always so gentle to her and very considerate, Li Mo always looks angry and looked at her coldly. 

She blushes when she thinks about how Li Yan smiles and how he usually talks to her.