Chapter 13: Return to the Maiden Home

Yu Xiao, Li Mo, and Li Shu make their way out of the village and took a road leading to the back mountain.

There are a lot of people on this road, and most of them are pushing a cart with items like fish or crops to go to the market to sell.

"Li family's eldest and Li family's third, and who is this? Is this your wife?" An older woman greets them.

Yu Xiao rolled her eyes and too lazy to correct her. With the whole spectacle yesterday, is there anyone in this village that doesn't know her?

"Aunty Li, this is Xiao Yu. We are taking her home to Tangjia village." Li Mo said politely.

"Ahh it's the third day already? It's good that two of you accompanying the bride to her family home." Li Mo's ears turn red hearing her praises. She misunderstood, but he doesn't know how to correct her.

Li Shu whispered to her, "That's Aunty Li. Her family lives at the back of the village so she probably didn't know about yesterday."

"I see. It seems her relationship with you guys is not bad?"

"Yes, hers is probably a few families that would actually help us out. She is not a bad person."

Tangjia village is only a couple of miles from Goddess Gorge Village. In order to reach the village they still have to pass a nearby town. Li Mo and Li Shu were worried that Yu Xiao would be tired, but who knows that she usually running up and down in the mountain. For her couple miles of hills are nothing.

Soon they arrive at the village entrance. Some woman were sitting around and talking, one of them recognize Yu Xiao. 

"Hey, aren't you Liu family's relative? Old man Liu was looking for you so late yesterday. Where have you been?"

Yu Xiao smiles and greets them. After a bit of small talk, she excuses herself to go home.

As soon as they walk away, the women start to gossip. "She didn't return the whole night and come back with unknown men. I know that face can't be anything good." "Luckily my son was not seduced by that fox, if not aren't we the ones that cry?"

In the meantime, Yu Xiao and the others already reached Liu family's house. 

"Grandpa, grandma, sorry to make you worry."

"Yu girl!" After checking that she is not injured, the Liu couple looks at the brothers. Yu Xiao told them about what happened the day before.

"It's my fault, I shouldn't ask you to go to town alone." Said Grandma Liu with regret. 

"No, grandma. I wasn't careful when I ran away from the thugs yesterday, I dropped my bags and lost your money."

"What are you talking about, girl?" said Grandpa Liu. "Yesterday afternoon, your wolf bring your bag back to us. Xiao Bing, right? The one with blue eyes. That's why we know there must something wrong."

Yu Xiao is surprised. She thought her stuff is lost for sure, but who knows that Xiao Bing managed to find it. It seems that she needs to reward him really well when she returns.

"Come, come inside and have a look. You see if there is anything missing." Grandma ushered her into the inner room. She needs to ask this girl carefully about the men she brings home. She already felt uncomfortable for a long time on how this girl living with wild animals all these years. She needs to find out what she feels about these Li brothers, it is best if Xiao Yu likes one of them and quickly settle down.

Grandpa Liu also has the same idea, but he wants to make sure that these boys are good enough for Yu Xiao, so he asked the brothers about their family.