Chapter 44: Sending Coal in Winter

Li Mo awakens by some small whining voices and the sound of little scratches by the door. 

He sighed. It's already morning again. 

Xiao Xue and Xiao Bing usually just bolted to the forest if they haven't woke up when they are hungry, but the three little ones are very sticky to him and his wife.

As he gently pulled his arm from behind Yu Xiao's head, she murmured softly and opened her eyes. He kissed her in the forehead and said, "Sleep a bit more. I'll walk them today."

Yu Xiao only hummed a little before burrowing herself back inside the quilt.

Just a few hours after, QiQiao comes to Li family's house to look for Yu Xiao.

Little aunt, Li Xiangcao greeted her from inside the kitchen. "Wu family's girl, looking for little Yu?"

"Yes, little aunt, I was thinking if we could go to town together."

"Little Yu and the girls are still asleep. Last night they drank a bit, and maybe they can't hold their liquor." Actually, she also drank a bit last night, but there are so many things to think about and so many things to do, so it still wake her up very early.

"Ah? Is that so? Then I can go myself. Please tell Xiao Yu that I dropped by."

"You're going alone? Li Shu is going to the city today, ask him if he could take you with the cart. It would be much safer."

"No, no, it's okay..."

Suddenly Li Shu is already behind her and said. "That's fine. It's not safe for girls to go alone." 

From time to time, he needs to bring some rabbits and other game that they can't finish eating to town to sell. He has a lot of connections there and it could easily fetch couple of coins. Especially rabbits that were caught alive and fattened by Yu Xiao for a couple of weeks. He could easily sell it to a restaurant in town.

It doesn't matter to bring a girl along. Besides, since she helped his family to find Yu Xiao before, he found her not so annoying. And a couple of times, he found himself looking at her for some reason.

Even though compared to a lot of girls in the village, QiQiao is considered pretty after she gets proper nutrition and didn't get sunburn as much. But Li Shu is living with gorgeous sisters-in-law. However, QiQiao's quirks and cuteness somehow starts to catch his eyes.

Of course, the dense Li Shu hasn't realized it at the moment.

QiQiao can't help but turns red when she realized Li Shu is behind her. Even though she told herself that she doesn't like him anymore, but her body is more honest.

"The cart is just over there, you can wait there if you want. I just need to get a few more things."

"Ah.. Li... third-brother, I'm really fine to go myself." QiQiao stuttered with a red face.

Li Shu scratched his head and couldn't help but saying a bit loud, "You're a girl. Don't you know how many bad people out there? Don't go out alone by yourself. I'll go to town all the time, it's not a big deal to bring you along."

As he already said that, naturally QiQiao couldn't say anything anymore.

Surprisingly, after spend a bit of time together in the cart. QiQiao is not as shy anymore around Li Shu. Li Shu talks a lot in nature, so after a while, they get along just fine.

When Yu Xiao wakes up and cleaning up, she went to the backyard to take care of the livestock. Anyway, there is always someone making breakfast. But as a modern life veterinarian, her skill in raising animals shouldn't be matched that easily.