Chapter 23: The Last Day

A few days later, Yu Xiao sends out the bridal set to sister Fang's shop. 

Sister Fang was surprised that she managed to finish the order so early and still made something so real-like. In the past few days, Yu Xiao also spent a bit of time with the girl, QiQiao, and offered her some pointers, so they went to town together that day. Sister Fang praised that QiQiao's embroidery improved significantly. QiQiao went home with trembled hands as she never held so much money before.

With the rewards from sister Fang, Yu Xiao made 10 silver from the embroidery order. She also has some silver from Li Shu before, so she has enough money to pay back the brothers and a lot of spares.

The next day, she wakes up early and heads to the kitchen to make breakfast. Usually, she doesn't need to as Li Yan or Li Hua will make some when she is on her morning walk, however, she would like to get them something nice before she leaves. 

She cooks some congee with minced meat, with pickles and tea eggs as side dishes.

"Woah, meat so early in the morning?" Unexpectedly today Li Shu is the first that showed up. The rest of the brothers follow soon after. 

Even Xiao Wu exclaimed happily, "Sister, it smells so good!"

Li Mo stopped when he saw that even Big Hei, Xiao Bing, and Xiao Xue are eating their shares, he has a bad premonition about what will happen next.

After breakfast, Yu Xiao pushed a sachet embroidered with a plum tree to the brothers.  

"This is what I owed you guys. Thank you for looking after us in the past two weeks." She smiles and lightly bowed her head.

"Sister, you are leaving?" Xiao Wu quickly noticed that something is wrong.

"Little Yu, I haven't finished selling your animal skins." Li Shu's face revealed a look of shame.

Yu Xiao laughed and said, "It's ok, you keep them. It doesn't cost me anything anyway."

"No, Little Yu. That won't do." Li Shu stands up. "I have to say something to you."

"Third brother." Li Yan warning him. He also looked down in embarrassment.

"I can't hide it anymore!" Li Shu then proceed to tell everyone how Li Yan persuaded him to sell Yu Xiao's stuff slower, so she will stay with them longer. 

"We are not nice people, Little Yu. So you don't have to be so nice to us." 

Li Mo is glaring with anger at his two brothers, but he has to admit that this time their scheme worked quite well.

"Third brother, it doesn't bother me. I had fun here, really." 

"Little Yu." Li Hua tries to calm the situation. "Will you come to visit us in the future? Xiao Wu will miss you very much." 

"Ah right! Of course I'll come visit. So third brother, you can take your time selling those stuff. I'll get the money from you the next time I come over, is that fine? I still give you a selling fee as usual. Business is business. Maybe you can help me sell more stuff later."

They laughed together without even noticing their oldest brother is stiff on his seat. Even Li Yan scratches his head and said, "Little Yu, I know I have been despicable before, so umm... What I'm trying to say is it's our bad luck for not having a fate to be husbands and wife with you. But umm.. you always be our sister."

"Yes, Little Yu. You're always welcome here." The brothers giving a lot of comfort and good words to Yu Xiao, but she noticed that Li Mo didn't say anything from start to finish.