Chapter 12: Warm Food

Yu Xiao went back to her room suddenly, so the brothers were not sure about what happened.

"Did we offend sister?" asked Xiao Wu.

Li Shu said "No, didn't she just ask about the fourth brother? Maybe she knows him?"

"Fourth brother really attracts a lot of butterflies." Li Yan chuckled. "Big brother, even if the woman doesn't like us, she might stay for the fourth brother, so maybe get her to stay for a few more days until he returns?"

Li Mo feels that something is not right, so he told them about what happened in the slave market.

"Could it be that she was kidnapped? She called those wolves as her siblings, maybe she was raised by one?" Li Shu is excited. Since he was young he loves stories about heroes and adventures. A girl raised by wolves would be a hero in those stories.

"Stop saying nonsense," said Li Yan while he is scooping a bowl of corn porridge. "Xiao Wu, send her dinner."

In her room, Yu Xiao is having a headache. She thinks about the plot of the novel, but she doesn't remember any plot that the female protagonist living in a forest. So even if this world is in the novel she read, at most she is probably a bystander, right?

Whatever her role in this world is, as a modern person it's impossible for her to accept relationships with multiple men. So no matter what she can't stay. 

She needs to quickly make it clear to the men outside and just pay back their money. After that, maybe the plot could run its course and she could get back to her life. Yu Xiao is feeling satisfied with her decision when Xiao Wu knocks the door outside.

"Sister, I am bringing you food." 

She opened the door and saw a handsome and thin boy standing at the door with a bowl in his hand. Seeing her open the door, he is grinning and handed her the bowl, "Sister, dinner."

She took it and said, "Thank you." The child turned and ran away.

It is the first time Yu Xiao eats corn porridge, but she was hungry so she eats it quickly. Her day has been really terrible, so she didn't even realize that she missed lunch! After eating her stomach feels warm and comfortable, so she quickly feels how tired she is. She leans on the bed and quickly fall asleep.

------------------------------------------

Yu Xiao woke up as soon as there is a faint light on the horizon. She looks around the room she stayed in. The earthen walls have mottled, the inside of the room was very empty, the only thing in the room is the bed under her body, a large painting against the wall, and a cabinet.

She got out of bed, sneakily walk out the room with last night's bowl, and met with Li Mo. He is surprised to see her that early.

"Hey, ummm...  Xiao Yu." He stutters. 

"Ah.. Good morning," she said. She is embarrassed for sneaking around, at first she thought she has time to wash up and make breakfast before anyone awake. How would she knows that this person also wake up this early?

"I'll get that for you." Li Mo said while reaching to the bowl in her hand. "No, no, it's ok. I can wash it."

He finds her awkward gesture quite cute and can't help but smile. "It's fine."

The light smile stunned her for a second, but she quickly put herself together. The guy already grabbed her bowl, so she turned around to her room to pick up a tub of the water she used the night before.

Li Mo saw her carrying the tub and rushed in to help. He poured the water in the corner of the front yard.

She raised her eyebrow slightly. It can't be that this guy thinks that she is so weak and can't do anything, right? However the water was heavy, so it is nice of him to help her.