Chapter 56: New School

Bai Lan delivered her second child, a daughter, the following year. 

Yu Xiao is quite envious of how cute the little girls of Bai Lan, QiQiao, and Li Man, and sort of understanding her mother-in-law's feelings from so many years ago. Even though her baby boy is also plump and cute, with his cheeks bulging like little meat buns, but girls' clothes are cuter and she could put all sorts of ribbons in the girls' heads. She wants a daughter as well but with how difficult her son's delivery was, Li Mo doesn't allow her to have another child. He even too scared to touch her for months, and it is only after seeing that Doctor Xu's contraceptive medicine is working on the others, they finally have a normal married life again.

In the village, the most reliable place to put money is in the land. Li Mo also has this view, so when the brothers have extra money, other then some savings each of them held for an emergency, they will buy more field or shop in town. Most villagers in Goddess Gorge village is either rent some field from the Li family's or work in some industry related to the Li family. Both men and women of each family can work, so the lives in the village are getting better and better.

Especially several people who have a better relationship with the Li family. Aunt Li, QiQiao's family, and even though their wife is like that, the two Shun brothers still have a good relationship with the Li brothers.

Everyone are happy and respected the family, saying that they have benefited one way or another. 

After a year, the sugar cane they tried to grow at home also have grown nicely. After much discussion, they decided to reserve couple of field to try to grow them in large quantity. Sugar cane took a long time to grow, but they don't need a lot of care during weekdays. Once they all grown, the family will try to make a small workshop and make sugar.

In those days, the Li's family is like a conference center. Every day, villagers come over. They also want to have a close relationship with the Li's family, and the most important thing, they want to get some idea to make money.

In the past, Li Mo and others were the most unlikely people to see such a thing.

However, everyone are their folks in the same village. The family is happy and have a better life, so what is wrong with helping neighbors having better life? Their children are still young and will need help from others sooner or later. Just like the saying, it takes a village to raise a child.

Li Mo and others feels that the support from the village chief is the most important. So, one day after breakfast, he and Li Yan both went to the village head's house together.

After all, if you want to do anything in the village, you have to get permission from the village chief. With his support, things can always get twice the result with half the effort.

When he heard the Li brothers' plan, the village head was even moved by tears.

The village head knows that some people have been benefited by the brothers. As the village chief, he is happy with this but never hoped that he will also received good things. As long as the brothers didn't look down on him, he is already satisfied. After all, when the brothers have hard time when they were young, he didn't help much.

However, he didn't expect that the brothers want to fix the road to the village. In this way, the transportation to and from the cities will be convenient, and it is easier for the villagers to go out.

For this, the Li brothers are actually a bit selfish. With a better road, not only it would be safer for their wives to go to town to shop or run around to do whatever they want, but they could also go to work and return faster.

Not only that, Li Man also suggested to build a school in the Goddess Gorge village.

There is no private school in the whole village, and children have to passed the mountains to go to school. It is too dangerous and also hard.